1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Enjoying music

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by leftover_salmon, Feb 20, 2012.

1. leftover_salmon

leftover_salmon Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm trying to learn more about music quality and getting the most out of my current setup (or how to reasonably / efficiently upgrade). I don't really know where to start, though. For my home setup, I have a pretty basic Denon receiver and a couple KEF speakers, while my portable setup is an iPod classic (the retro 160gb...most songs 200kpbs+) and a pair of Grado rs1i headphones. What am I supposed to do?

Btw - I'm targeting this more for portable music than staying at home.

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  2. MikeDT

MikeDT Well-Known Member

Improve the source, re-rip your CDs as lossless rather than lossy MP3. That shouldn't cost you anything, apart from your time.