1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

English American Fit Pics

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by The Louche, May 5, 2011.

1. The Louche

The Louche Well-Known Member

Here are some English American fit pics. These are consistent with all of the garments I have had them make for me. Hopefully you agree that these reslts are a bit better than HERCULES'.

Again, I apologize for the continually crumby quality of my pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fire away...

2. bigbjorn

bigbjorn Well-Known Member

Tough to say much from those photos. Right sleeve seems to have a bit of buckling at the top. I like that the lapels have a full belly - makes them look much more interesting. Over all, I think it looks quite good. I would be interested to see better pics.

3. srivats

srivats Well-Known Member

The jacket looks great.

4. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Well-Known Member

Pretty impossible to tell from the pics...

Fit is certainly better but I can still tell they are building up too much in the chest and down towards the lats/under the arm... it's the one element that seems consistent across all there cutting and construction that they need to get beyond.

5. The Louche

I dont know if I follow CG.

BTW, these are two different suits. The one on top has a coat that is a bit longer per a recent adjustment to my pattern.

6. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

i like the fit in pic 1. very nice.

yo vox, did you notice the toilet?

7. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

I think the shoulders look a bit too wide. Also, they seem heavily padded, which gives it a stiff look. Quarters are nice.

8. The Louche

I think the shoulders look a bit too wide. Also, they seem heavily padded, which gives it a stiff look. Quarters are nice.

The shoulders are not wide at all, they fit spot on. Also, I don't consider them to be heavily padded, although the coat in the first picture was caught in a down-pour once and the resultant shrinkage has made these shoulders appear a bit more square than my others...

9. Galix

Galix Well-Known Member

I like how it fits

10. jefferyd

jefferyd Well-Known Member

Also, they seem heavily padded, which gives it a stiff look.

Also, I don't consider them to be heavily padded,

There is a misconception about padding and shoulder expression- most people assume that a square-looking expression is the result of lots of padding and that a round expression has little or none. In fact, they are somewhat unrelated; I can make a shoulder that looks soft, round, and "natural" that has tons of padding and a big, square shoulder that has none- it has more to do with the cut of the sleeve, the sleeve head wadding, and how both are inserted.

11. The Louche

There is a misconception about padding and shoulder expression- most people assume that a square-looking expression is the result of lots of padding and that a round expression has little or none. In fact, they are somewhat unrelated; I can make a shoulder that looks soft, round, and "natural" that has tons of padding and a big, square shoulder that has none- it has more to do with the cut of the sleeve, the sleeve head wadding, and how both are inserted.

Interesting as always and thanks! So, you're not going to rip into these fits?

12. AB01

AB01 Well-Known Member

Jacket is good, but the pants look baggy.

13. jefferyd

jefferyd Well-Known Member

Interesting as always and thanks! So, you're not going to rip into these fits?

Can't see anything.

14. The Louche

Jacket is good, but the pants look baggy.

Crap in pockets.

15. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Well-Known Member

I dont know if I follow CG.

If you take your left hand and cross over to the right and garb a handful of the coat, along your righ ribcage, around the pocket generally, the fronts they build up are on the stiff side and a bit thick... it's one area where they're pretty rigid despite what the tailoors/vendors ask for. It's a minor point to many but since moving on to, say, Sammy, I now understand the difference.

16. lukelukeluke

lukelukeluke Well-Known Member

Bumping this thread rather than making a new one because I just made my first trip up to EA today up in Westminster. I'll post pics once I've got the suit, which should be in about a month or a little more (they're going on summer vacation soon). It's neat to see the factory, you'd never guess from the little showroom that the building behind has over 400 people cutting, sewing, etc. Elio was very amiable and nice and from what my newbie self could tell, knew his stuff. They're having a sale through Friday if anyone in the area can make it over -- I ended up going for a basic navy two-button suit for an insanely low price for MTM. He asked me not to share it. :laugh: Suffice it to say, it's less than $600. Like I said, deep sale through Friday.

I'm cautiously excited, it's my first experience with MTM other than shirts and pants in Pakistan. Bit of a different experience. Anyway, I'll get with the picture-posting once the suit comes in.