• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS12

oven1969

Reaction score

Damn I love EG, outside of various kops my money will probably be strictly with EG outerwear. I have 4 jackets from EG and they are all in constant rotation. I really want to try their pants out. How do the workaday fatigues fit? What size should I get if I am normally a 33ish?

I am a big fan of their shorts as well.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dc15b777.jpg

a914efae.jpg

1a0fca0e.jpg

cd5d200b.jpg

286fddd7.jpg

93768d9d.jpg

f8fab78a.jpg

54798912.jpg

f42859fc.jpg

TWorksheets

Reaction score
This is a bit off topic, but I figure someone here must have some insight:

I'm located in Canada and looking to order some EG stuff from Oi Polloi. Can anyone give some anecdotal experience on the customs fees they were charged? Right now I'm thinking it would be cheaper to proxy + mark as gift than risk a 35% charge for customs+brokerage+tax...

Brattman

Reaction score

This is a bit off topic, but I figure someone here must have some insight:
I'm located in Canada and looking to order some EG stuff from Oi Polloi. Can anyone give some anecdotal experience on the customs fees they were charged? Right now I'm thinking it would be cheaper to proxy + mark as gift than risk a 35% charge for customs+brokerage+tax...

My experience is way off topic from EG but I bought a Heritage Research parka on sale for around $200 and was charged around $65 in customs & brokerage.

cookinbap

Reaction score
Picking up the Trail Parka (Navy) soon. I wanted to get some info on the fit. Anyone here wear one? How's the fit? I usually sport a Medium in the EG. Thinking about going for a small.

oven1969

Reaction score

Picking up the Trail Parka (Navy) soon. I wanted to get some info on the fit. Anyone here wear one? How's the fit? I usually sport a Medium in the EG. Thinking about going for a small.

i tried the Trail Parka, it is definitely a wider cut than their regular parkas.

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's supposed to fit bigger.. I think if you were to downsize it would be restrictive in certain areas

nakedundermyclothes

Reaction score
Anyone know who has the dark blue (indigo) workshirt from this season in stock? L or XL? Thx.

2yvjejb.jpg

Last edited:

workhorseblues

Reaction score
From my experience I would say go with your normal EG size; a size down would probably be restrictive in the shoulders.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone know who has the dark blue (indigo) workshirt from this season in stock? L or XL? Thx.
2yvjejb.jpg

Saw that Bastille in San Francisco had this in stock in S and M. They had one on the mannequin, didn't ask the size though.

What is this cardigan called and where can I find it? Also interested in the beanie.

Beanie and Cardigan are non-EG. Not sure the brands. The images were from North Rim (http://www.northrim.cc/style/index.php).

Last edited:

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brookline Jacket
Blue Chambray - Barneys

Khaki Lt. Weight Poly/Cotton Poplin
American Rag
Inventory

Navy Lt. Weight Poly/Cotton Poplin
ABC SRL
Garbstore
Inventory
Know it Nothing
Nomad
Sevendays Storm
The Bureau
Tres Bien Shop
Voga

Trail Parka

Beige Poly/Cotton Poplin
Oi Polloi

Navy Poly/Cotton Poplin
ABC SRL
Coin s.p.a.
Dee Cee Style
End Clothing
Fott Shop
French Trotters
Gravity Pope
HIP
Inventory
Jonathan + Olive
MAC
Odin
Oi Polloi
Steven Alan
The Bureau
The Business

Olived Coated Cotton

American Rag
French Trotters
HIP
Kafka
MAC

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the work shirt in natural today in the mail. Based on the size measurements I've seen I sized up to XL since the shoulder size is 18" - big mistake. The shoulder is fine but the sleeves are very wide and puffy (I know Puffy Shirt) and it's very long. I love EG but I wish the sizing was more consistent. Anyway it's back in the mail.

the_state

Reaction score
Looking for the tropical wool landsdown in grey/XL. any leads?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads