1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments SS12

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Dec 13, 2011.

1. astris

astris Well-Known Member

I have 3 bedfords, but I want that olive cotton linen twill. May have to grab some fatigues if they've slim down from the previous ginormous fit.

2. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

edit

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  3. Peter1

Peter1 Well-Known Member

Some eye candy on the Nepenthes site. The Post O'alls x EG chore coat is insane and I'm afraid to go over there and even look at it.. The sunforger fabric really mellows as it ages.

4. hansj

hansj Well-Known Member

It looks like to me, that there will be another great season ahead. The Cambridge shorts look promising! Also was waiting for a slimmer version of the fatigue pants. Love my USN pants from last summer! Some new fabrics like the tropical wool and the indigo denim among others look tempting.
    One thing I noticed: $ 230 for summer weight fatigue pants? Wow! Is inflation hitting?

5. Vaudevillian

Vaudevillian Well-Known Member

this is easily one of the most intriguing collections for SS12 (the other notable one being Sacai).

by now EG has settled into the kind of look that revolves around staples. Each collection doesn't bring a quantum-leap forward (really, do we need that at this point?) but, rather, offers some welcome twists to well-known classic looks.

I'm only worried about a) prices going up and b)size xs being basically non-existent outside of Japan.

6. robin

robin Well-Known Member

Pictures on .jp sites show that the new version has extra details and better finishing compared to the older fatigue pants, which likely adds to the costs. Fabric is getting more expensive lately as well.

7. S-NMBR

S-NMBR Well-Known Member

I agree with you.

I have to say, also, that like Robin note the fatigue have more detail.. Like the ribbon on the waist and contrast bartack... I have pay the reversed sateen Workaday fatigue 150 £ in UK, and a pair of Ghurka pant in cotton twill @ Barneys in november for 160 $ so price are bit different from usa and europe.

I hope not to pay the new fatigue around 230£ in future... [​IMG]

Concerning sizes, I have seen that for Europe market EG offer also XXL from the last FW... So it s a signal of openimg also for a more wider range of customer, I like this.
    the only thing I hope is that they care to make more balanced sleeve lenght, cause I experienced big difference from body and arms in Size L, comparing to a M size.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  8. slide13

slide13 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was a little surprised by the fatigue pant prices as well. $235 is what Nepenthes said for the navy ones. I was planning on buying them but expected them to be around $185 like my USN pants from last year. At $235 I'll probably have to wait until I can get my hands on them to confirm I like the fit and material.

9. hansj

hansj Well-Known Member

ote name="slide13" url="/t/278749/engineered-garments-ss12/60#post_5094770"]Yeah, I was a little surprised by the fatigue pant prices as well. $235 is what Nepenthes said for the navy ones. I was planning on buying them but expected them to be around $185 like my USN pants from last year. At $235 I'll probably have to wait until I can get my hands on them to confirm I like the fit and material. [/quote]

Yeah, that still hurts, they better be fenomenal!

10. hansj

hansj Well-Known Member

Staples with a twist, that's where it is for me!

11. S-NMBR

S-NMBR Well-Known Member

12. CSCoHammers7

CSCoHammers7 Well-Known Member

Hmmm I think I'm going to need one of the lighter 19th Century Polka Dot shirts and a floral pattern shirt from this season, Gary. I'll let you know the specific ones later :nodding:

13. Walt Thizzney

Walt Thizzney Well-Known Member

lol this crap is ugly.... camo blazer??? lol real original, all this crap looks very banana republicish

14. slide13

slide13 Well-Known Member

^thanks for sharing. Bye.

15. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

how is a camo blazer banana republicish at all?

16. Edd

Edd Well-Known Member

i fail to see how anything camo represents the EG brand in a good way, camo has been done to death by designer & highstreet brands for years & in any case it should be confined to the forces for real men to wear :)

I think there are a few nice items that i will buy, however i'm not fond of the plaids in browns & yellows. Secondly the price increases are not good in the current climate & will only add to the amount of stock that will end up in the sales come june/july.

17. S-NMBR

S-NMBR Well-Known Member

I think camo is something that is out of any kind of fashion statement. A sort of staple.

EG, brings lot of his inspiration from military... and for me is natural that for summer the camo will be add in the collection, EG make a very clean and simple interpretation of camouflage.

My opinion is that camo is to intend like any other fabric pattern (polka dot, checks, stripes) and EG for sure treat camo this way.
    I think to add camo and to use like other fabric patterns is a perfect way to wear camo mixed with other fabrics.

So, I am happy to have camo in EG for S/S cause it will be a good substitution of my vintage camo items, that are not very updated in fit and are not so easy to wear (especially tops and jackets).

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  18. Edd

Edd Well-Known Member

yes can see your way of thinking, but in my opinion camo rarely looks good. light & faded maybe if your under 25 :)

19. S-NMBR

S-NMBR Well-Known Member

20. timpoblete

timpoblete Well-Known Member

Surcingle Combo Hook Belt

[​IMG]

Scarves

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]