1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments SS12

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Dec 13, 2011.

1. the_state

the_state Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the tab collar shirts from S/S 2011 fit similar to TC's from the past few seasons (prior to this season's "size up on everything" change)?

2. Tororo

Tororo Active Member

Is anyone interested in a NWT Khaki Douglas Shirt in Size M (fits true to size)? It was a bit of an impulse buy but it's not really my style and I can't send it back. Haven't worn it yet, just tried on, that's why I'm looking for a price close to retail, shipping is on me. PM please if interested.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  3. Peter1

Peter1 Well-Known Member

I think it's seriously underrated. I tried to get my wife to buy some FWK from Nepenthes but she thinks it's overpriced.

Women are used to "disposable" clothes -- even after she's seen the details/quality of my EG stuff she's not convinced. Ah well.

4. nomad

nomad Well-Known Member

Need a girl who'd rock the shoulder hoody!

5. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

it takes time... wifey used to be happy with zara and worse brands until I started ribbing her for spending on bags and shoes but settling for mall brands. on sale.

6. habitant

habitant Well-Known Member

there's one in gray on the buy and sell.. and another at jonathan and olivia.

7. jwoowoo

jwoowoo Well-Known Member

I'm really feeling the landsdowne jacket, but don't know which one to get! I'm leaning towards the one on stevenalan's site. Let me know if any of you guys have handled these. And is the one on stevanalan the same as the one on odin? they are different right because the pictures are making them look quite different. Thanks

http://www.stevenalan.com/designers/engineered-garments/landsdown-jacket-vensp12-na-sp12-s23257
    http://odinnewyork.com/search.asp?Mode=Product&Type=Shop&TypeID=18&ProductID=2288
    http://www.stuartandwright.com/Engineered_Garments_Landsdowne_Jacket_3849.html

8. timpoblete

timpoblete Well-Known Member

9. bluep

bluep Active Member

Does anyone know where the paisley scarves are carried? I did some searching but no luck.

10. cookinbap

cookinbap Well-Known Member

Bluep,

It looks like its sold out everywhere. I've contacted Gary (Drinkwater's) about obtatining one. Waiting...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Dayton Shirt in Natural. Love this piece. The fit is very typical EG fit. Since I went with my size (Med), its a bit of squeeze to wear a chambray shirt underneath. But, throw on a plain t-shirt, right on. Great color (I think the color is better than the blue chambray) and the linen needs some breaking in. Feels a little 'rough' right now. It requires dry cleaning, but I feel like the material should be fine in the washing machine.

James

11. Knight

Knight Well-Known Member

I'm really feeling the landsdowne jacket, but don't know which one to get! I'm leaning towards the one on stevenalan's site. Let me know if any of you guys have handled these. And is the one on stevanalan the same as the one on odin? they are different right because the pictures are making them look quite different. Thanks

http://www.stevenalan.com/designers/engineered-garments/landsdown-jacket-vensp12-na-sp12-s23257
    http://odinnewyork.com/search.asp?Mode=Product&Type=Shop&TypeID=18&ProductID=2288
    http://www.stuartandwright.com/Engineered_Garments_Landsdowne_Jacket_3849.html

I have The Lansdown you're enquiring about. Its different because of the lighting. The colour and material are the same its a light weight indigo denim. The picture on Odin's website is true to what you'll see when you buy/receive it.

Here's a better picture:
    http://www.thebureaubelfast.com/sho...ents-indigo-lt-weight-denim-landsdown-jacket/

good luck.

12. Saffron Revolution

Saffron Revolution Active Member

how does the SS baker sizing compare to the bedford? also size up 1 from, say, uniqlo shirt size?

13. Tororo

Tororo Active Member

I wanted to buy the Baker, but after trying it on, I changed my mind. The reason was the awkward sizing on it. I usually wear M, but I found this season's Baker to have very short sleeves. They ended about two inches over my knuckles. I don't have unusually long arms, either. Sizing up to L helped with the sleeves to some extent, but (and that's the reason I decided to not buy it), it was much too roomy with a lot of fabric ballooning up in the back.

You should try your usual size and see if you can make the short sleeves work for your outfit. Sizing up is a definite no on this one.

Currently for sale: BNWT 2012 S/S EG Douglas Shirt Khaki Size M, BNWT 2010 S/S EG Irving Jacket Grey Oxford Cotton L (Please PM me for more info)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  14. spacepope

spacepope Well-Known Member

Just got my Bedford. Went TTS, and though its a little slim the fit is great. I could definitely envision problems with sizing up.

15. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

someone buy me a shooting jacket in that beautiful light blue color, kthxbai

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  16. edubs01

edubs01 Well-Known Member

Looking fwd to receiving my Navy Bedford in the mail today!!

17. timpoblete

timpoblete Well-Known Member

Backbay Shirt (carried by Gary)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Porter Jacket

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cinch Shorts (the legs are longer on these than previous years, IIRC)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Byron Shorts

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Byron Pants

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Belt

[​IMG]

Stylings

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Other stuff

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (Khaki Fatigues carried by Gary)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

Damn these guys are prolific. Is there any end to this collection?

Anyone in EU carrying the byron pants/shorts? :)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  19. pseudonym

pseudonym Well-Known Member

That sport jacket is fantastic in person.

Prepare to be mind-blown by FW12.