1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments SS12

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Dec 13, 2011.

1. nakedundermyclothes

nakedundermyclothes Well-Known Member

2. timpoblete

timpoblete Well-Known Member

Cinch Pants (Glen Plaid Cotton, Chambray, Mini Polka Dot Beige and Navy)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fenway Pants (Poplin in Khaki and Navy, Lt. Weight Denim Indigo, Seersucker Blue, Tropical Charcoal)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  3. tangential

tangential Well-Known Member

Received my olive bedford from Gary at Drinkwater's Cambridge (thanks Gary!). The color is much nicer than I'd expected -- quite happy with it :)

4. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

How do the shooting jackets fit? I'm a M in the Kendall jacket I've got and a M in most things in general. I'm a L in the work shirts this season though.

5. slide13

slide13 Well-Known Member

they fit pretty slim. I'm a large in Gitman, mostly large in EG (though this years workshirts are a little slim in large...I went with large in the chambray and xl in the natural). The xl shooting jacket fits me perfect, no way I could fit a large. Guessing if the large workshirts fit you comfortably then you'll be a large in the shooting jacket.

6. HuggyGiraffe

HuggyGiraffe Well-Known Member

Since I started to buy EG in 2005, I was always wondering what the reason was behind the sizing changes. I own a work shirt from 2005 labeled M that would easily be a XL for the current season. But even if you don't go too far back, the sizing is so far off from season to next season that it makes it unneccesarily hard for the people who have to buy their stuff online. It can't be blamed on different materials - other designers have to tackle material differences as well and work hard to accommodate for them so as a customer you basically know what size you are in a certain brand. In EG, I have to size up / down two full sizes at times. So the only reason I can think of is that Daiki wants us to wear our work shirts (as an example) very roomy for one season, and then really fitted for the next. As this isn't haute couture, I fail to see how this serves his brand.

7. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

I read somewhere (this thread?) that the size changes are because Daiki has lost weight and he makes the clothes to fit himself. No idea how true that is though.

8. astris

astris Well-Known Member

Pics? I'm interested in this jacket as well.

9. tangential

tangential Well-Known Member

This is very close -- olive drab (not my pic):

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  10. timpoblete

Heard this straight from Angelo.

11. astris

astris Well-Known Member

So Daiki has grown over an inch taller and his shoulders narrowed in the past year? Odd. He might want to get that checked out.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  12. HuggyGiraffe

HuggyGiraffe Well-Known Member

Exactly. It would explain why all the jackets are so short in the body, though. Very unflattering on a tall (by Western standards) person.

13. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

Daiki is pretty tall, really. At least 6 ft I'd say

14. JO3B

JO3B Well-Known Member

ive asked angelo as well and according to him, it has more to do with the japanese market then anything else.

with that being said, i wish i was EG since 2005. so many things i want from previous seasons.

use timpo's tumblr as a reference.

15. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

Whoever posted the itemized stockist list from Nepenthes, how can I get something like that for European shops?

16. timpoblete

The stockists lists include some of the UK retailers, such as Bureau, Oi Polloi and Garbstore. A more euro detailed list can be asked for by e-mailing shop@nepenthesny.com.

As for the current fit of things, it definitely is getting thinner. Doesn't help that my body's going in the opposite direction.

17. timpoblete

Riding Coat (Glen Plaid in Lt Grey and Dk Grey, TC Poplin in Khaki and Navy)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. timpoblete

More Stockists

19c BD - Bloomingdales/Inventory/Jack Straw/Jonathan + Olivia/Mac/ODIN/The Bureau
    Popover BD Shirt - Boutique U&I/Inventory/Jonathan + Olivia/Oi Polloi/Stuart & Wright/The Bureau
    Neck Tie - Nepenthes/Context/Gary's/Jack Straw/MAC

Mismatch Flip-Flops - Bastille/Canvas/Jonathan + Olivia

Fatigue Pants (Olive coated cotton) - American Rag/Bows + Arrows/Garbstore/Oi Polloi/Stuart & Wright/The Bureau

Camp Shirt
    Navy Cotton/Rayon Paisley - Nepenthes/Inventory/Nomad/Rosey Jekes/Stuart & Wright/The Bureau
    Black Cotton/Rayon Paisley - Nepenthes/The Bureau/Trend Fred Segal
    Begie Big Polka Dot - MAC
    Navy Big Polka Dot - American Rag/Boutique U&I/Inventory/Stuart & Wright/The Bureau

Dayton Shirt
    Blue Stripe Seersucker - Nepenthes/Oliver Spencer/Portland Dry Goods
    Navy Cotton/Linen Lawn - Blake/Canvas/Portland Dry Goods
    Olve/Red Madras Plaid - The Bureau
    Navy/Red/Green Madras Plaid - Nepenthes/Blake/The Bureau
    Blue Chambray - Portland Dry Goods/Outlooks/The Bureau

Cambridge Short
    Blue Cotton Cordlane - Nepenthes/Jonathan + Olivia/Odin/Stuart & Wright/The Bureau/Wharf
    Khaki Cotton Twill - Bastille/Canvas
    Olive Cotton Twill - Nepenthes/Boutique U&I/Mohawk/The Bureau
    Dk. Navy Cotton Twill - American Rag/Bastille/Gravity Pope/Jonathan + Olivia

19. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting those.

I just kopped the pink floral tab collar shirt from End Clothing. Couldn't resist. This whole collection is pretty enticing honestly.

20. robin

robin Well-Known Member