1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments SS 16

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Well-Known Member

@agvs I can't compare to previous seasons, but the one I have does seem rather long and the length is actually accentuated by the lack of high side gussets.

FWIW, I felt that this season's short sleeve shirts have actually been a bit slimmer in the chest, but maybe I'm just getting fatter.

2. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Well-Known Member

What about the camp shirts? Any advice on sizing?

3. bry2000

bry2000 Well-Known Member

TTS

4. bry2000

bry2000 Well-Known Member

I need to do a mini-rant on EG sizing.

I inquired about measurements for the SS16 blue dungaree workshirt and 19thC buttondown. Why would the p2p measurement for these in say a Large (22.5") be wider than the p2p measurement for a SS16 Bedford jacket (21.5" in Large)? The Bedford is intended to be worn over a shirt such as the workshirt or the 19thC buttondown so I would think the Bedford would be cut fuller, not narrower, than the shirts. At least, that would result in a better fit for me and a likely purchase.

5. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

Jackets are usually cut closer than shirts in general. In tailored clothes for example I wear a size 40 jacket, which has a 21" pit to put measurement, but most of my shirts measure 22"-23".

1 person likes this.
  6. blue peter

blue peter Well-Known Member

7. Lendo

Lendo Well-Known Member

Can anyone comment on the activecloth Knockabout Shorts fit? Looking for around a 34" waist, and going by TBB measurements it looks like that'd be a Med.

8. tobiasfunke

I can't specifically speak for the Knockabout Shorts, but my experience has been S=32, M=34. I'd recommend the Medium.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  9. Beedub

Beedub Well-Known Member

I think the SK8 hi's can work with EG. This is definitely an AW appropriate make-up though, pictured with SS16 ripstop fatigues, which don't quite work- I think black trousers, a little looser, and it's a good pairing, bound to be something that fits that bill this AW. Not the sort of shoe to wear with a Bedford or Andover however, but there's plenty more casual options every season.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also should say that I don't intend to wear them with odd laces, was just trying out the options to see which ones I preferred.

3 people like this.
  10. JilSlander

JilSlander Well-Known Member

^ @Beedub -- thoughts on the Sk8-His? Did they come with 2 sets of laces (olive + black)?

11. Beedub

Beedub Well-Known Member

I like them, quality is good, particularly nice leather and the suede is decent too. The back half of the insole is also leather, which adds a nice, slightly more lux feel to them. And yes, they came with the two pairs of laces. As I already mentioned, definitely more of an AW shoe, due to the colours and materials used, I'm planning on keeping the palette pretty muted when I wear them.

12. tobiasfunke

What's the sizing like on the Type 6 Jean? I'm a S in Ghurka and Fatigues, and a 32 in Cinch Pants.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  13. agvs

agvs Well-Known Member

I'm a 32 pretty much across the board in EG pants and type 6 in 32 fit me. I had the ripstop olive ones from this season although I've since sold them.

1 person likes this.
  14. francodz

francodz Member

Have a 10.5 this season white EG slips for sale
    8/10
    hmu fellas

15. GeorgeC

GeorgeC Active Member

Anyone seen an SS navy bedford in size LARGE around? From any season. Mine was stolen :( and I want to replace it ASAP. Thanks!

16. notdesigned

notdesigned Well-Known Member

17. stevenkmason

stevenkmason Well-Known Member

Good sale on some SS16 (and FW15) on Westley Richards. Just picked up an olive cotton ripstop bedford (in XXL!!!) for ~$220 and a pair of fatigue pants in olive outback canvas for $112. 10% off coupon if you sign up for their mailing list.

18. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

Are the EG Timex watches stupid loud ticking?

19. biabia

biabia Active Member

I would expect so because it's a Timex Camper.

20. El QUaG

El QUaG Well-Known Member

Yes. Comes complete with annoyingly loud ticking sound and inability to keep correct time (I'm constantly adjusting the time).

However, it looks ridiculously cool as hell, so that basically offsets any detracting features mentioned above.