1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments SS 16

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jan 3, 2016.

1. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Well-Known Member

For those of you with the BDU jacket, when you wear it unbottoned, does that storm flap get in the way? Do you just tuck it under the jacket?

2. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Well-Known Member

I try to tuck it in but it tends to just flap around on it's own. It doesn't get in the way so much as look a little sloppy.

3. Sieglinde

Sieglinde Well-Known Member

Just wanted to thank @Drinkwaters for getting me the navy/blue big plaid loiter jacket straight from Nepenthes [​IMG]

That loiter jacket was picked up by two stockists, one in Germany and the other in Singapore.

I tried contacting both but never got a response so Drinkwaters to the rescue.

PS: Awesome jacket, the fit isn't boxy at all.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    5 people like this.
  4. Aksel SB

Aksel SB Member

This might be sacrilege to some, but i just cut it out. I prefer the jacket now, and wear it more.

5. whereeaglesdare

whereeaglesdare Well-Known Member

Its style versus function I guess.
    I found i got used to it after a while and it never bothered me. Comes in handy in particulartly windy weather though ;)
    But I get if you don't use it that you would want to get rid of it.

6. kingguru

kingguru Active Member

shouldn't your BDU jacket have a button under the collar for this very reason, guys?..

[​IMG]

7. Aksel SB

Aksel SB Member

Ah. I meant the flap inside the jacket.

8. kingguru

kingguru Active Member

Ugh, I see.

To make up for a blooper, here's some really, really cool EG x Beams x Pilgrim collab short for this summer:

https://www.shopspring.com/products/233222

A pearl in there among otherwise somewhat bleak selection.

9. habitant

habitant Well-Known Member

Just received my shoes, I find them to fit on the big side. I'm normally an 11 in nikes, 44 in CP etc.. and I picked 10.5 for the slips and 11 for the skates. definitely could've sized down .5 on both styles. On the other hand, the willy post pant fit great.

10. bry2000

bry2000 Well-Known Member

Nice pickup. Looks great.

1 person likes this.
  11. Phil McCrackin

Phil McCrackin Well-Known Member

Top button done up, leave the tab hanging down as a feature .. Look I like ..

12. tobiasfunke

Basically this?

[​IMG]

13. Gantenbein

Gantenbein Active Member

Quote:
    Who is the stockist in Germany if I may ask?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  14. Sieglinde

Sieglinde Well-Known Member

Thomas I Punkt

1 person likes this.
  15. zalb916

zalb916 Well-Known Member

I really liked the dark navy java cloth Baker from the look book.

[​IMG]

Ordered it from Nepenthes NYC, and the fabric looks nothing like the picture. The pattern is basically impossible to discern. It looks pretty much like a dark navy fabric. I can't imagine how it is even possibly the same fabric from the look book. Just a heads-up, if anybody was considering the jacket.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  16. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

I have this print in the Charles Pant from this season and the pattern is definitely not noticeable from a glance given the navy on dark navy print, but up close and in good lighting you can tell; though not as much as in the lookbook I agree. I quite like the print though. And the Charlies Pant is really great this season for anyone who is interested.

17. zalb916

zalb916 Well-Known Member

I've become so accustomed to EG fabrics always looking better in person that this kinda threw me off.

18. tobiasfunke

What's the sizing like?

19. tonio028

Picked up a few things from this season so far: Chambray Work Shirt, 19th Century Blue Plaid Madras, Bask Shirt in Grey Floral Jacquard. All cool pieces. Sizing is a bit small this season in my experience on several pieces. I'm normally an EG small, but took a medium in the chambray work shirt and the bask shirt for the proper fit. 19th C shirt in small was the right size. Be aware.

Standard sizing and a nice slim/slim straight fit. I'm generally a size 32 or Medium in EG bottoms and took a medium in the Charles pant. I'll try to post some pics when I get around to it, but it's a great casual pant for spring summer. Got it from Meyvn shop.

20. tonio028

So on the subject of sizing, how is the sizing like on the Lightweight Twill Bedford? Most of the measurements I'm seeing make me think I need to size up to a medium for the right fit? Anyone compare to the shirts from this season?