1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments SS 16

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jan 3, 2016.

1. kape

kape Well-Known Member

Need Moon Rock slip ons, any NY proxy please hit me up! Thanks

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  2. ericleavitt

ericleavitt Well-Known Member

I'm looking at Viberg and Yuketen for a pair of Derbys. I think I'd like a all black shoe.

I can't warrant spending 500-600$ on a pair of canvas sneakers that are almost identical to converse. If I were to buy a Visvim shoe it would be an fbt.

I honestly don't know what colors of footwear I need...

3. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Well-Known Member

4. Beedub

Beedub Well-Known Member

Going to sound like an echo here but is anyone willing/ able to help with a proxy on the Vans? I'm based in the UK.

5. atlr

atlr Well-Known Member

errhm.. yes, me too. Based in Sweden would love to proxy a pair. Missed out on the last couple releases - would love to get the SK8 hi.
    PM me if you are willing to help. Thanks

6. tobiasfunke

Can anyone comment on the sizing of the mismatched flip flops? Also, does anyone know who manufacturers these (if it's not EG themselves)? They're listed as Made in USA.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  7. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

picked up my olive ripstop bedford from Drinkwaters yesterday. fit seems just a tad looser than last ss (comparing to cotton twill navy bedford). overall really happy with it. fabric is a bit thicker than i was expecting, which i'm happy with. olive color is slightly duller than my reversed sateen workaday jacket.

2 people like this.
  8. atlr

atlr Well-Known Member

Vans release today: Proxy for a pair of white sk8-his, sz 9
    Anyone?

:)

9. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

Half assed proxy request for a pair of gray sk8his in 11 :)

1 person likes this.
  10. judygarlandfan

judygarlandfan Member

I'm also looking for a pair of grey sk8hi's in 11. Would greatly appreciate a proxy if anyone would be so kind!

11. tobiasfunke

If anyone is able to try on the new slip-ons today, can you confirm the sizing?

Previous seasons have used Vans Vault sizing, which is 1/2 size larger than regular Vans Authentics. Is it the same this time?

12. ubiquitous

ubiquitous Well-Known Member

Just got back from NNY, I found the sizing in line with previous seasons (and the same as my other pairs of Vans LX).

13. JilSlander

JilSlander Well-Known Member

How much were the slip-ons/Sk8 His? Thanks!

14. ubiquitous

Slip ons were $85. I didn't buy sk8 hi's but I believe they were $115 (don't hold me to this but 90% sure)

15. jlchau

jlchau Well-Known Member

Quote:How was the stock for the slip ons? I'm going to try a phone order Monday but I'm not expecting availability.

16. ubiquitous

Honestly this would depend largely on your size and the color you want. There was quite a bit of most sizes though until i left approximately 2:30pm - 3. There is always the chance for the after work rush... Sorry this isn't more helpful. If I had my damn unlimited metrocard I would even pop back over after work today to give you guys an update hah

3 people like this.
  17. JilSlander

JilSlander Well-Known Member

Seems like there were a lot left when I stopped by today.

Just an FYI, I wear size 9 in Vans (Eras, Authentics, Old Skool, regular slip-ons) and the EG slip-ons in size 8 were still a bit big.

The slip-ons were a bit wider than regular Vans slip-ons too, which is probably why they were a bit big on me. Decided not to pull the trigger, but the quality is great.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  18. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  19. Biggskip

Biggskip Well-Known Member

Got mine from The Bureau this week. Agree with you that the fabric is a bit thicker than I was expecting. It's also a bit darker than I was anticpating as well. Would have preferred to not have the sewn buttons. The one thing I'd like to change, however, is I would have really liked to have the sleeves lined. It was a little difficult putting my arms through the sleeve.

As for the fit, this is my first S/S Bedford, but I acutally find it to be more snug than my F/W ones.

20. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

in general i think most ss bedfords aren't lined.

why do people dislike the sewn buttons so much?