1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments SS 16

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jan 3, 2016.

1. santaclara

santaclara Well-Known Member

I'm ready for the long banded collar shirts to drop. Here are the options for the long banded collar for any interested.

White Cotton Linen Handkerchief
    Black Cotton Linen Handkerchief
    Black 4oz Denim
    Lt.Blue Multi Gauze Stripe
    Blue Cotton Chambray

2. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Well-Known Member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102
    EG SS16 Shirts & Sportcoats Up

Work Shirt
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19th Century
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Bedford
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Pants & Outerwear are to be shot and added, but to summarize, we have the following;

Shop Coat - Olive High Count Twill
    Shop Coat - Navy High Count Twill

Chester Coat - Khaki Cavalry Twill

Fatigue Pant - Olive Cotton Ripstop
    Fatigue Pant - Navy Cotton Twill

5 Pocket Pant - Olive Cotton Ripstop
    5 Pocket Pant - Navy Cotton Twill

BDU Pant - Broken Chambray
    BDU Pant - Olive High Count Broadcloth

Fatigue Short - Navy Cotton Twill

As always, PMs, emails, phonecalls - let me know what questions you guys have and I'll be happy to try and answer them! pants are sized all over the place from what I've gathered so I'd be happy to provide measurements!

3. happyriverz

happyriverz Well-Known Member

I picked up a Baker FW 2015 jacket and liked it a lot -- my first EG piece, and now I want to check out EG's SS offerings. I get hot pretty easily and live in a place with some humidity during the summer, so most my casual SS jackets are either linen or linen blends. Just wondering from everyone's experiences whether the all-cotton fabrics of EG's SS pieces are breathable?

4. nsltrls

nsltrls Well-Known Member

They are pretty breathable. Depends on how brutal the humidity is for you, though. On a really humid day I'd pass and go with a linen blend.

5. pe3brain

pe3brain Well-Known Member

What do people typically wear for footwear with eg? I see the look books incorporate vans and some NB but besides sneakers what else works with EG?

6. ManofKent

ManofKent Well-Known Member

I tend to wear Tricker's boots, Red Wing (obviously Chippewa, Thorogood et. al. would work as well) or DMs in the winter and mainly Birkenstock in the Summer. I'll occasionally dress up an EG suit or more formal fit with Loake/Edward Green. Don't over think it :)

1 person likes this.
  7. Biggskip

Biggskip Well-Known Member

Slip on Vans

8. notmandatory

notmandatory Member

I think that EG and Yuketen compliment each other nicely.

9. mbaum

mbaum Well-Known Member

Big fan of Alden's LWB and have like 5 pairs. Works well for the dressier EG stuff. When more casual, what the guys above said plus some Visvim. Others here also do Needles.And some pulled of quite nice looks with MMM and the moe high-end Italian stuff. but those "hybrid" looks are not easy to pull off (I couldn't).

1 person likes this.
  10. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Well-Known Member

In addition the above, Viberg is an easy pairing. I've seen some nice fits with Paraboot but haven't personally tried the brand. I can see Heschung working as well.

11. bry2000

bry2000 Well-Known Member

Besides Vans and New Balance, I think the following pair well: Yuketen, Trickers, McKinlays, Victory sneakers (sold at Nepenthes), Needles footwear, Quoddy, Paraboot, Birkenstocks (but I would never wear them), Danners, etc.

2 people like this.
  12. bry2000

So, I have started to focus a bit on SS16. I think there are some good pieces in this collection. But what is absent are the truly standout loud patterns. Yes, there are the big plaids that are common for Spring/Summer, but we don't have anything like the bird print or the "Hippy" patterns from 2 years ago.

The Dolphin pattern is pretty good, but I am not sure what I am going to get with it. Don't think the Aviator, not sure I would wear it in the Baker. Maybe the trousers? I like the Daisy pattern (especially the colors) and I am looking forward to seeing it in the Bedford. The diagonal batik print is just OK. Am I missing anything?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  13. pe3brain

pe3brain Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for the brand ideas! I hve some yuketen ripple soles that might work really well and I'll look into the other brands mentioned. I currently have some brown rancourt ranger "blucher" mocs that need to be resoled, so I might put a white vibram sole to make them more chunky ala the Oakstreet bootmakers trail oxford.

14. bry2000

The Yuketen ripples will work.

15. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Well-Known Member

You should also consider Paraboot.

16. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Well-Known Member

I love the styling of Paraboot, and everyone vouches for their quality, but the one thing that's keeping me from pulling the trigger is that damn tag. Has anyone tried removing it? Is it possible to completely remove it without damaging the shoe? I'm looking that Chambord, specifically.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  17. modual

modual Well-Known Member

Depends on your outfit / context. So much choice really. For morning dog walking / comfort i like Adidas ultra boosts paired with fleece Leisure pants + Ground jacket. With fatigue pants anything goes really : Vans / boots / converse / stan smith.

18. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Well-Known Member

Pull the trigger and we'll remove the tag. We do it for those who have your concerns. A very sharp razor blade does the trick. We also install them for those who get polish on them.

19. blue peter

blue peter Well-Known Member

gary, how much do the Chambord's run? also, always wary of purchasing shoes without trying on...do Chambord's run wide, narrow? I'm familiar with Alden's barrie last - do chambor's compare in sizing? much obliged

20. bry2000

I usually don't like branding on my clothes/shoes, but the Paraboot logo on the shoes does not bother me. I have not tried to remove it and probably will not. Chambord is my favorite Paraboot model. If you can figure out your sizing, I would recommend them. FYI, I am a full size down from my typical US size and a half size down from my Barrie size.