• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

catchh

Reaction score

Was wondering where to ask this question and ended up here, as EG was the trigger point.

Recently I found out I am not a (at least for Japanese brands) size Small guy anymore but more of 'in between sizes.'
Having been a thin framed guy I knew this time would come, but I came to this conclusion when I found myself not wearing summer EG pieces and other Japanese-made stuffs as they felt constricting.
I am short, and have even shorter arm for my height so size S used to be a perfect for many brands that I enjoy.
Had I not known of this brand or its threads, I would have just cut weight or something but now I know the joy and comfort of wearing comfy/loose fitting clothes and wondering if going up to M would work.
So here I am, almost half my wardrobe fitting quite slim- think chambray work shirt fitting like a shirt from Express :embar: - yet am not willing to part with them and even worse don't know where to go from here.
Has any of you guys gone through a change in wardrobe sizing, and how did you do it?
As in, do you start again from the scratch, what did you do with the previous articles, is it noticeably weird when a guy wears a S topwear and M bottomwear, etc.
Thanks for your time. :)

I'm usually in between sizes but have broad shoulders so its tricky for me. If I wanted a perfect fit I would wear small but it would be uncomfortably tight so I usually get Medium even though I know it will be a little looser or tighter in certain areas depending on brand. Sometimes with Japanese brands I get some larges, but I'm ok with it not looking perfect. I won't sacrifice comfort for style. Also knowing that if my body changes and I get bigger it will still fit.

At first when I got into EG I would buy the perfect fit but now I want items to last longer so I either buy Medium or Large, I never go for the perfect or near perfect fit anymore unless its a suit I suppose. With EG and other brands the sizing is not that drastic over each size.

Last edited:

El QUaG

Reaction score

Was in NYC this weekend and stopped into Nepenthes on 38th St. Wonderful place and people.

Even got a (complimentary) beautiful and large EG navy tote (my color pick out of four options).

I was a bit bummed that they weren't on sales yet (they said July) but still, I probably wouldn't have kopped either piece without trying them on. So I'm very happy. Will post fit pics in time.

Can you take more photos of details for this tote bag please? I curious t know if there are any internal pockets? Was this for sale at all? And what colour options available other than Navy which you acquired?

I ask because, I have friends visiting NYC in a couple of weeks, and I am hoping they can a) buy this outright, or b) purchase enough for me to receive as a gift!

Thanking you in advance.

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a problem.

It's just a simple tote. Probably about 20"x15" with no pockets.

They had navy, black, olive and one other color I'm forgetting now. I don't know if they were for sale. I spent over $700 so maybe it's tossed in over $500? I wasn't asking any questions. ;)

Good luck

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a small shoulder bag thrown in with a purchase a couple years ago, perfect camera bag - I want another.

Also, EG on sale at steven alan. Get the expedition jacket, it's amazing.

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really want a batik baker but not sure if I should save the money for something else. If I wait 1-2 months is it possible they'll be sold out or do only the classic colors sell out? Thanks.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found one for 260, i'll tell you if you promise not to take the large

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a small~medium so I'll take link from both of y'alls :p

^ Hm, tough to comment without seeing the particular pieces on you. So much depends on fit, cut an personal preference with a piece -  and that can vary widely. Hence, I wear anything from M to XL. Want to post a few pics of particular EG and non-EG pieces you are wondering about? I would likely not through out all of my clothes and start over again.

I will try to take some pictures soon!

Thanks everyone for kind replies.

Last edited:

tjonesd2

Reaction score

Majority of EG jackets in my collection are the Andover. The flaps to all four pockets (two sides, a ticket and left breast) are cleverly designed to go either way, tucked in or left out.

The breast pocket in particular, gives one the option to have a flap there in the absence of a pocket square. Something different.

And speaking of Batik print. Missing the Cambridge Shorts to complete the collection!

Anyone know where to cop the short sleeve batik? Never seen that anywhere

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads