1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments FW08

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by timpoblete, Feb 1, 2008.

1. jaydc7

jaydc7 Well-Known Member

how wide is the EG quick release?

2. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

anyone here have the quick-release belt? worth the dough? thanks.

Yes it is worth the dough.

3. JOA

JOA Well-Known Member

Yes, definitely worth it. Mine is from Tim Hardy.

4. poly800rock

poly800rock Well-Known Member

how wide is the EG quick release?

5. jaydc7

jaydc7 Well-Known Member

thanks a lot poly... thats exactly what i wanted to hear, which is a good thing and a bad thing.

does anyone know where to get it cheaper than 175?

6. poodlerock

poodlerock Well-Known Member

What's the fit like on the Mac Jacket? I'm thinking of picking one up (I have store credit and it's either the Mac Jacket or the Military Pants).

I'm 5'10", 160 lbs, wear a 15-33 shirt, 38R sportcoat, and M in EG shirts--would I be an M in the Mac?

Conversely: Would you rather have the black Military Pants or a black Mac Jacket?

7. poly800rock

poly800rock Well-Known Member

thanks a lot poly... thats exactly what i wanted to hear, which is a good thing and a bad thing. does anyone know where to get it cheaper than 175?
    there are a couple of options, seeing that the buckle is the main component. Tim Handy, or whatever the guy mentioned, but there is another place that escapes my mind which is like $100. Let me dig it out http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=23656 I actually mail ordered one from dubarry a while back, really nice belt, buckle is almost identical, it's as heavy, but not as stiff as the EG belt I own. also http://www.timhardy.com/quick_release_belts.html

8. alex99

alex99 Well-Known Member

What's the fit like on the Mac Jacket? I'm thinking of picking one up (I have store credit and it's either the Mac Jacket or the Military Pants).

I'm 5'10", 160 lbs, wear a 15-33 shirt, 38R sportcoat, and M in EG shirts--would I be an M in the Mac?

Conversely: Would you rather have the black Military Pants or a black Mac Jacket?

I just received my Mac Jacket (size small) yesterday and the fit for me is very good. If you are medium in shirts you will probably be medium in the jacket. I'm a small in shirts and the jacket is just right. I will probably get the arms shortened about an inch but that's it. The thickness of this jacket is just right for west coast winter- I'll only need a dress shirt underneath. For East Coast you may need to layer some more. Materials seem good and durable. My only complaint so far is the zipper sticks sometimes when unzipping (a real pet peeve for me) and you may or may not like the neck buckle at the top, which sticks out if you don't use it.

I also bought the very light windbreaker in black for $89.00 at Odin and it fits perfectly, and will be great for travel in warm but wet countries. It's super light weight.

I have no experience with the pants.

9. robin

robin Well-Known Member

^ I'd agree that the mac jacket is true to size. Sleeves are perfect on me, though I should note that I haven't had any problems with the zipper.

10. jaydc7

jaydc7 Well-Known Member

there are a couple of options, seeing that the buckle is the main component. Tim Handy, or whatever the guy mentioned, but there is another place that escapes my mind which is like $100. Let me dig it out

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=23656

I actually mail ordered one from dubarry a while back, really nice belt, buckle is almost identical, it's as heavy, but not as stiff as the EG belt I own.
    also
    http://www.timhardy.com/quick_release_belts.html

thanks a lot!

11. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Well-Known Member

Hey Guys, Here is an FYI. We will be going on SALE officially the 24th. However, if anyone wants to take advantage of it early, I'd be happy to oblige. I am not going to post an inventory because I just don't have the time to. Just call me 617-547-2067 and I will go over whatever you are interested in. Free shipping will not be included and all sales are final! Thanks. Gary

12. JOA

JOA Well-Known Member

This is a (pretty close) list of Gary's inventory...

Shawl Collar Tan Heather Cardigan 1/S SOLD, 1/L SOLD $235.00/$164.50
    Varsity Knit Cardigan Olive Wool 2/S, 2/M, 2/L $295.00/ $206.50
    Photographers Vest Black Cotton Ripstop w/ Grey Herringbone Wool Lining 1/M $325.00/ $227.50
    Field Vest Navy Cotton Ripstop w/ Grey Herringbone Wool Lining 1/S, 1/M, 1/L $325.00/ $227.50
    Engineer Jacket Black / Brown Wool Denim 1/S, 2/M, 1/L, 1/XXL $450.00/ $315.00
    Bedford Navy Wool Twill 2/S, 1/M SOLD, 1/L, 2/XL $450.00/ $315.00
    Bedford Tan Heather Knit 2/S, 2/M, 2/L, 1/XL $435.00/ $304.50
    Field Parka Brown Diagonal Wool 1/S, 1/XL $625.00/ $437.50
    Work Shirts;
    Navy/Brown/Red/White Flannel 1/S, 2/M, 2/L, 1/XL $185.00/ $129.50
    Red/White/Blue Flannel 3/S, 2/XL $185.00/ $129.50
    Black/Red/White Flannel 1/S SOLD, 1/M, 1/XL $185.00/ $129.50
    Blue Chambray 2/XS, 4/XL $185.00/ $129.50
    Lt Grey Flannel 2/S $185.00/ $129.50

Western Shirt Brown/Tan/Grey Flannel 1/XS, 2/S, 3/L, 1/XL $175.00/ $122.50

In addition, we have the Natural color Ruc Sac ( Pics on EG website ), Asst Ties and Pocket Squares.

Some of it has been sold (to me, no less), so don't quote it ver batum...

13. bathtime

bathtime Well-Known Member

I'm wearing a couple of items Gary has - the field vest and brown/tan plaid western shirt.

They've turned out to be two of my surprise favorites this season - especially the field vest.

14. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

^ Are the above prices the discounted prices for the sale on the 24th?

15. Ispy

Ispy Well-Known Member

^ Are the above prices the discounted prices for the sale on the 24th?

I assume its: "reg price/sale price"

16. JOA

JOA Well-Known Member

Correct, though those were the Thanksgiving sale prices. I'm not sure about this sale.

17. Drinkwaters

Just to clarify the price discount. 30% off Shirts and Sweaters. 40% off everything else.
    Please, if you are interested in anything, please call 617-547-2067. I'm all by myself for next few days and cannot be spending to much time here. Thanks!

Gary

18. Ispy

Ispy Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I might find measurements on the L field vest?

19. Drinkwaters

Pit to Pit 21 1/2"
    Length 26"

Anyone know where I might find measurements on the L field vest?

20. Ispy

Ispy Well-Known Member

Pit to Pit 21 1/2"
    Length 26"

Little small, too bad. Thanks though.