1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments FW08

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by timpoblete, Feb 1, 2008.

1. adamha21

adamha21 Well-Known Member

Cross posted from WAYWT 2 more detailed pics of the Herringbone Bedford [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

I don't like the sweater or the shirt, but that bedford fits really great. How did you size it?

3. adamha21

size Large, from Gary, based on measurements he provided me. My other EG stuff is size Medium.

4. ingraman

ingraman Well-Known Member

Cross posted from WAYWT 2 more detailed pics of the Herringbone Bedford
    Looks nice. Do you own or have you seen the herringbone bedford from FW07? Are there any differences with the new one, other than the elbow patches and the redesigned throat latch?

5. adamha21

I haven't noticed a difference other then those two features. But, I'm not the resident expert.

6. dusty

dusty Well-Known Member

Who makes the shirt? I like the fabric quite a bit.

7. Oxnard

Oxnard Well-Known Member

i am just now noticing all the new EG up on Hejfina...unfortunately its clean picked of mediums...and im broke. They got a couple new styles of the 19th century buttondown shirts that I have become fond of, including one in an especially nice shade of charcoal. I would love to see more fit pics of the various pants, all the ones that ive seen modeled on dummies so far make them look very baggy.

8. wiru

wiru Well-Known Member

9. atomicranch

atomicranch Well-Known Member

i am just now noticing all the new EG up on Hejfina...unfortunately its clean picked of mediums...and im broke. They got a couple new styles of the 19th century buttondown shirts that I have become fond of, including one in an especially nice shade of charcoal. I would love to see more fit pics of the various pants, all the ones that ive seen modeled on dummies so far make them look very baggy.
    I have that 19th Century BD. That flannel rocks. if you really want it, try Odin (where I got it) or Oliver Spencer. Here are complete stockists. (I promise I won't usurp the valuable role you play in this thread, Timboplete, but I happen to have it for this one) [​IMG] Charcoal Flannel Hejfina Chicago, IL Odin Den Den NYC, NY Odin E.Village E.Village NYC, NY Odin Lafayette Soho NYC, NY Oliver Spencer Greenwich NYC, NY And yes, the pants tend to be baggy. I just bought the Beacon pants in herringbone. Great fabric and details, but they are at the tailor now getting slimmed down a bit.

10. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Well-Known Member

I am tempted by some of the wool pants offerings by EG, particularly the Mil Grey pant on Hejfina (anyone know if that is the same material as the light gray Andover jacket they stocked?), and the charcoal cinch-back, but I fear that the former will look like sweatpants, as full wool pants can sometimes look, and I'm not sure if the charcoal cinch backs would harmonize with my light gray Andover (isn't there some sartorial rule about dark jackets, and lighter pants, or do I have that backwards?; in any case, I have a notion that dark pants with a light colored jacket would make me look like a spider). Holy grail right now is the cinch-back pants in the same material as this season's light gray Andover. The Andover is fantastic by the way. The fit is really good in my opinion, I don't find the medium short on my 6'0" frame; maybe I have a short torso or something.

11. robin

robin Well-Known Member

The mil pants are going to fit loosely, even more so if you have skinny legs. Here they are in the lookbook:

[​IMG]

12. windwos

windwos Active Member

13. denimdestroyedmylife

^ the ones you linked are the cinch back; these are the mil pants i love the fit of the cinch back pants, myself; i want a pair of wool cinchbacks, lined, in the same material as the grey Andover on Hejfina not sure i am ready for the fit of the mil pants... :/

14. spazzz

spazzz Member

i know for last year, the 2 cinch backs (one andover, one not) were different material...the non andover one was SO FRICKING THICK

15. 1969

1969 Well-Known Member

16. denimdestroyedmylife

I was checking that out last night; I can't get the flannel pants pic to load; anyone know what color that is? Also, the damned waistcoat isn't available in MED for dog's sake.
    :/

17. ashenwreck

ashenwreck Well-Known Member

I wonder how Barneys got a restock on the workshirt, I thought EG was sold out of them.

18. timpoblete

timpoblete Well-Known Member

I was checking that out last night; I can't get the flannel pants pic to load; anyone know what color that is? Also, the damned waistcoat isn't available in MED for dog's sake.
    :/

The flannel pants, according to the pictureless link, is Charcoal, similar in color to the MEDless waistcoat, IIRC from my visits to the SF branch.

Here are complete stockists. (I promise I won't usurp the valuable role you play in this thread, Timboplete, but I happen to have it for this one) [​IMG]
    atomicranch, no worries man. The more you do the less I have to. Thanks!

Railroad Caps
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Workaday Cord Jeans
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. JOA

JOA Well-Known Member

When will Workaday hit the States?

20. timpoblete

timpoblete Well-Known Member

When will Workaday hit the States?
    The only stateside stockist was Den/Odin this season, but it expands to other stockists next.