• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 2012

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
xpost from WAYWT

Last edited:

Shingles

Reaction score
Cool!

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my herringbone dayton as well. I paid over retail for it because it was sold out everywhere. Very pissed considering it was 170 on tresbien with the -20% vat off, and I paid $250.

Last edited:

36miles

Reaction score
Very nice lotus...loves the olive reverse sateen totally worth the trouble.

Thnx for answering me earlier.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finally got my hands on the navy serge wool suit (Andover jacket, Truman vest, pants) I picked up from the J&O sale. I absolutely love it and the fit is perfect. I'll try and take some pics at some point.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Is that the uniform serge, hows the material on that?
I'm on the fence but not looking for anything too warm, so any insight would be great,,, and is it a lint magnet kind of wool?
tia

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the material, but it does seem to pick up some lint and it's a medium weight wool.

lawlercon

Reaction score
my attempt at dyeing an old organic cotton eg coat... came out pretty good. switched the color from off white to what i like to call "barn door" red.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

my attempt at dyeing an old organic cotton eg coat... came out pretty good. switched the color from off white to what i like to call "barn door" red.

Very nice man, what did you use to dye?

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool how the stitching stayed white, youd never guess it was a DIY

lawlercon

Reaction score
stitching stayed white because its polyester threads... i used ****** dye at first and it made the jacket hot pink, and then i got some more expensive dye (dylon brand, dark brown) and did that over the pink. it came out this color. in the end, i like it.

El QUaG

Reaction score

I love the material, but it does seem to pick up some lint and it's a medium weight wool.

Was this the case for the pants, or for all pieces in Serge Wool?

I too ordered the Andover jacket from J+O on sale, only CAD $100 delivery from Canada to Australia! And that's not even express delivery... :brick:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads