1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments FW 2010

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, May 25, 2010.

1. Django

Django Well-Known Member

Look 2 on the Nepenthes site is straight up crazy homeless dude steez, somehow it works though.

Digging the sweat pants, rugby shirts, glen plaid 19th century BD, and cyclist stuff. Leather Pea coat and sport jacket are nice too.

I feel like the country blazer would be nicer without all the added straps and tabs. If they had matching cords it would be a nice alternative to the similar suit that Our Legacy just did. Lapels on the Bedford look bigger than in the past.

Are the bike shirts faux short sleeves or are they just layering them in both pics?

Any word on pricing this season? Staying stable or going up?

2. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

Like the look on the right--probably the most boring/standard EG shot in the whole book. The steampunk bike messenger thing is probably not for me.

[​IMG]

Wondering about pricing too. Those leather jackets aren't going to be cheap.

3. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Well-Known Member

Now that it is official, here are our picks for the season. Pictures numbered from left to right.

1. Irving Jacket / Grey/Blue Wool Stripe
    2. Bedford Jacket / Heather Charcoal Wool Fleece
    3. Engineer Jacket / Gray Vintage Chambray
    4. Pea Jacket / Olive 9.5 Cotton Ripstop
    5. Shawl Collar Cinch Vest / Olive Wool Stripe
    6. 4 Pocket Cardigan / Brown Wool Knit
    7. CPO Shirt / Gray Wool Herringbone
    8. Work Shirt / Navy.Red/White Plaid Cotton Flannel
    9. Work Shirt / Rust/Navy/Tan Plaid Cotton Flannel
    10. Work Shirt / Gray Cotton Herringbone
    11. USN Pant / Gray Cotton/Wool Stripe
    12. Scarves / Assorted Patterns
    13 Tab Collar Shirt / Green/Tan Cotton Houndstooth

As we always do, we will pick up a few more pieces as the season progresses. Should anyone like to pre-order any of the items I have posted, feel free to contact us. Should you need me to find something for you, it will always be my pleasure to do so.
    Note, our Spring/Summer 10 EG will be on SALE next week but we will be happy to oblige anyone who is interested now. Just give us a call and we can go over what we have left. 617-547-2067

Enjoy!

Gary
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. zzaveri

zzaveri Active Member

Brown leather peacoat looks pretty good - anyone know who is going to carry it?

5. FatMod

FatMod Well-Known Member

The colours of those plaids look awesome - cord jacket with too many pockets looks good if not a little over engineered! Really dislike the whole plus 4 cropped trouser and tights thing and that cropped hooded bib knit thing is just plain awful. Leathers are very nice, shame the bomber doesn't have a zipper closure but the thing I like the most is the tab jacket that may look like it's made from suede. Really hope this comes in some nice fabrics. (+ the Olive bomber looks very nice too)

6. robin

robin Well-Known Member

The cord jacket with the pockets all over it is the safari inspired Ashfield jacket. It was only previously available at BEAMS in Japan in a khaki fabric.

7. wiru

wiru Well-Known Member

I feel like the country blazer would be nicer without all the added straps and tabs. If they had matching cords it would be a nice alternative to the similar suit that Our Legacy just did. Are the bike shirts faux short sleeves or are they just layering them in both pics?
    Country blazer used to be called the "norfolk." They stopped making it in fw07 (and then came out with a different norfolk in 09, which was a lot less wearable). IMO one of the best jackets they've ever done. Would be nice if it came in something besides suede, but either way I imagine a lot of people have been waiting for this design to come back. Bike shirts seem to be layered.

8. Scoobersti

Scoobersti Well-Known Member

I really like the shawl collar jacket in brown cable knit. Hopefully someone in the US will carry it.

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Big fan of the fireman shirt jacket, though probably not in corduroy. I've got no Engineered Garments FW09 or SS10, but I really like the direction they've gone in, and will definitely pick up a few things for FW10.

10. raven37457

raven37457 Well-Known Member

The fall 2010 season looks spectacular. Stockists asap, please. Can anyone identify the vest and both jackets below? Thanks! [​IMG] The leather jacket and pant on the right here? Thanks! [​IMG]

11. robin

robin Well-Known Member

You can view the names of the pieces on nepenthes.co.jp.

Left to right clockwise: Shawl collar knit jacket and tailored down vest (shown in blue earlier in the thread), explorer jacket in goat suede, peacoat in cowhide, with hartford pant, storm parka.

12. raven37457

raven37457 Well-Known Member

You can view the names of the pieces on nepenthes.co.jp.

Left to right clockwise: Shawl collar knit jacket and tailored down vest (shown in blue earlier in the thread), explorer jacket in goat suede, peacoat in cowhide, with hartford pant, storm parka.

Thanks robin, I am already doing that and writing down my prospective buys.

13. adamha21

adamha21 Well-Known Member

14. robin

robin Well-Known Member

15. justtemple

justtemple Well-Known Member

Robin, do you know if any US stocklists will be carrying the knicker shorts?

16. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

^ Oh yeah? Looking to cop some knickers are we, JT? Nice.

EDIT - The suede jackets look phenomenal btw. Retail on those probably will require skipping a mortgage payment.

17. robin

robin Well-Known Member

Robin, do you know if any US stocklists will be carrying the knicker shorts?
    I don't know, sorry. I'd like a pair as well though.
    EDIT - The suede jackets look phenomenal btw. Retail on those probably will require skipping a mortgage payment.
    Not sure what the pricing will be like, but it can't be that much (probably under $1k). Golden Bear does not make expensive jackets to begin with.

18. robin

robin Well-Known Member

Bike button down shirts. The bottom seams are finished like the western shirts.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. adamha21

adamha21 Well-Known Member

Is that a flannel?

20. hooya2

hooya2 Well-Known Member

the leather jackets look great