1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments FW 15

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Well-Known Member

It's a little scratchy, not crazy though. The leisure jacket has lining in the body so it's not really an issue there.

2. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

ive worn the new baker suit in temperatures of 40-45 F but the pants are a bit scratchy

3. CSCoHammers7

CSCoHammers7 Well-Known Member

They fit very generously in the body, but I would go TTS (/your usual EG size) regardless. It's def intended to accommodate layers, and I think you'll find it very full in the body without layers on, but for the shoulders and sleeves especially, I wouldn't size down. I tried one size down and the sleeves were much too short (though the body was more what I and prob most slimmer guys would go for), and for a winter coat if anything you want extra length in the sleeves to cover your gloves and whatever else you're wearing under there. I find this true of most EG anyway. I can almost always size down for that more sought after "slim fit", but when I do, sleeves on jackets and shirts are comically short and not even worth considering.

2 people like this.
  4. dontheduck

dontheduck Member

Got my first EG piece ever, Bedford in navy serge. I know it's vanilla but I'm really excited about it. I have a feeling it won't be my last EG.

3 people like this.
  5. nsltrls

nsltrls Well-Known Member

Good choice. Navy serge and navy tropical wool are the two fabrics I think of when I picture an EG sportcoat.

6. bry2000

bry2000 Well-Known Member

For the reversible coat, go TTS. It is a loose fitting piece -- typical EG A-Line pattern. It will billow a bit in the body , but that is the look. You need to fit layers underneath to keep warm since the wind will get underneath the coat.

1 person likes this.
  7. yesssir

yesssir Well-Known Member

No I picked up the brown tweed which still feeds big. Look at Blue Peter's fitpic and you can see that his fits a lot looser than his other blazers. I now know why it fit tighter because I tried it on with a sweatshirt on :embar:. I tried it on with just a ocbd on today and it's a bit looser but doubt I can layer more than a vest underneath. No complaints at all though. The weave pattern is beautiful! Probably one of my favorite pick ups this FW.

Now to figure out which EG winter jacket I want to pick up :D.

1 person likes this.
  8. Beedub

Beedub Well-Known Member

Are the BDUs machine washable or dry clean only? I like them, but can't be dealing with dry clean only trousers.

9. Ritchee

Ritchee Well-Known Member

I have the clicker in navy melton wool. It has two interior pockets that zip. A really nice simple and functional fall/winter jacket.

10. JilSlander

JilSlander Well-Known Member

Care to share any pics, @Ritchee ?

11. blue peter

blue peter Well-Known Member

i don't know if i'm just mangy but i only dry clean my woolen trousers once or twice a season, unless they experience some serious mess. usually a good airing, spot cleaning is fine. the more one cleans wool clothes, the more they wear out.

1 person likes this.
  12. jlchau

jlchau Well-Known Member

Tag says hand wash cold, hang dry, professional dry clean only. I agree with Peter, would probably only dry clean them once or twice a season as well (same as my suits).

1 person likes this.
  13. Ritchee

Ritchee Well-Known Member

The navy is darker in person. The inside pockets open vertical with a zipper and the elbow reinforcement is the same color fabric.

On cold days I wear an EG waxed vest under it. I picked it up on eBay and don't know the actual name of it. I'll post a pick of it later.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  14. Beedub

Beedub Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info.

15. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Well-Known Member

I was looking for this in xs. Then i learned there was only 1 made, it went to japan, and insta-sold. Sad

16. modual

modual Well-Known Member

Anyone know where i can get type 6 jean black bull denim size 30 ? Screwed up on sizing and the 32 i got is too big.

17. nickp

nickp Well-Known Member

Random thoughts...

Was at Nepenthes this weekend - the FW15 stuff is definitely better in person! Items like the Clicker Jacket which were boring in stock photos are pretty special IRL. I will say a lot of this season kind of blends together though.

Also noticed all the sleeves were seemingly shorter on the jackets, which I liked. The Dexter Jacket had a really cool cut - very wide on the bottom but pretty slim through the body, with shorter sleeves.

The E-1 Pant fits in real life the same way it does in stock photos, which is kind of awkward and tubular, but a jacket on top would probably balance them out. The BTN pant was ridiculous - the top block is incredibly roomy down to the knee. B1P pant is quite voluminous too compared to last years iteration. This year's silhouette is very much tight top roomy bottom.

Be on the lookout for the Boucle Knit stuff hitting sale - the fabric is great! Knits are nicer feeling than FW14.

The Mackinaw and Faux fur duffle are ridiculous - I love em.

2 people like this.
  18. Dino19

Dino19 Well-Known Member

Did you try on the Boucle Shawl Collar Knit? I have the vest & it fits kinda small in my usual size. Thus, not sure if I should size up.

I'm waiting for the sale [​IMG]

19. bry2000

bry2000 Well-Known Member

I have the boucle shawl collar knit. It fits snug and the sleeves are cut a bit short relative to prior seasons' EG knits. I still went TTS though. I think the sleeves will end up being too short for many people FYI.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  20. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Well-Known Member

just got my olive moleskin bedford- this thing is amazing, thinking about trying to find the navy one now...