1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Fall / Winter 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by shoreman1782, May 17, 2013.

1. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Well-Known Member

The scalloped curved hem is perfect for shorties like me hehe.

2. Fycus

Fycus Well-Known Member

Will post fit pic when I get a chance. Would anybody be interested in doing a MTO group buy of trickers that are made in the same makeup as the EG x Mcnairy longwing mismatched shoes that were released a couple years back? I think they will be pretty expensive, but the added benefit that they will be MTO so we can add tweaks here and there. I was thinking of doing the same exact makeup, but with dainite sole instead of the double-leather sole, but am open to opinions. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Well-Known Member

As long as we didn't get gouged on markup for doing something really unique, I'd could be on board with this.

4. Fycus

Fycus Well-Known Member

I reached out and did not show the EG example specifically to treat it as a standalone idea, so hopefully it will not affect the final pricing figures.

1 person likes this.
  5. dogmoney

dogmoney Well-Known Member

I would be up for this

6. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

That will likely be out of my price range, but if going directly to tricker's isnt an option I'd recommend Richard at the Shoe Healer (UK)--they do a lot of custom work with Tricker's

7. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Well-Known Member

i'm kinda torn between getting a pair of chunky dark brown/antique brown brogues or some sort of casual sneaker (like the embroidered visvim skagways on sale now.. ) wonder which would mesh better with EG stuff..

8. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Well-Known Member

Cool idea Fycus! I got some espresso burnished/espresso grain mix Trickers a while back as a kind of substitute for McNairy/Trickers x EGs. Would have preferred some asymmetric longwings though!
    Think I'll watch from the sidelines, but would be good to see a worthy MTO rather than some of the heinous make-ups in the Tricker's thread with green dainite soles, bright orange pull tabs, contrast stitching etc.

@penanceroyaltea I think both can work well, I like those embroidered skagways fwiw... been thinking of getting a pair of Vis or Yuketens for the summer.

9. Ken P

Ken P Well-Known Member

I'd be down depending on price.

10. Fycus

Fycus Well-Known Member

Good news: if we get 6 people it's retail trickers pricing.
    Bad news: they are not convinced on the idea of different left and right shoe. Still working on this.

1 person likes this.
  11. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

Fellow EG heads, anyone have a lead on the navy or grey classic wool shirt from this current season in a size small? I have a lead on the red version (which I also like, but prefer the grey or navy), but am coming up empty on non-Japanese stockists. I had my eye on it since it dropped, but lost track of it and now that sales have hit, it's not surprisingly gone in my size.

12. thonez

thonez Well-Known Member

anyone know if the AW13 workshirts are cut larger than normal, too?

13. 45bur

45bur Well-Known Member

Yup. I'm a tts, and have the chambray work in xs from this season, and it's still a relatively relaxed fit.

14. alex99

alex99 Well-Known Member

I have found the shirts to be all over the map this season in terms of sizing.

My black heathered oxford workshirt fits normal (I'm a true small) though it runs long in length (as usual). The grey flannel miner shirt runs huge (at least 1 full size ) and I had to return a small. The 19th BD tatersall shirt runs about a half size larger than normal, though I am keeping my normal size since it will shrink with some washing and I still like the fit. Finally, the classic shirt runs large by about half a size but that is probably by design so you can wear it over a regular shirt if you choose.

As a general rule, you need to get measurements for all EG clothing to be safe if you are buying online /sight unseen.

1 person likes this.
  15. thonez

thonez Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm interested in that black oxford workshirt from Odin but they only have L, not XL. E-mailed them for measurements: hope they reply.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  16. dogmoney

Anybody get the wool serge bedford this season? Any idea of sizing?

17. dogmoney

Sorry I thought you were talking about the EG x Trickers brogues with the mismatched panels.. I've already got the EG x McNairy collab in brown

18. about11oclock

about11oclock Well-Known Member

Re trickers, call nepenthes. They have 4-5 different colllab models, mismatched panels or mismatched shoes.

19. Brattman

Brattman Well-Known Member

Loosely related to the topic at hand: do any Canadians have experience ordering EG from Context? I wonder how they are in terms of taxes/brokerage fees.