1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Fall / Winter 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by shoreman1782, May 17, 2013.

1. xander_horst

xander_horst Well-Known Member

^ yep, seems odd. They have some good stuff though. It's been a while since I bought something from them - perhaps I'm mentally hallucinating a bit.

2. canstyleace

canstyleace Well-Known Member

Nope, not hallucinating.
    Their website is basically for display... I've bought eg there every fw since they opened (2010 iirc), and to actually buy something you have to call and/or email.

3. 36miles

36miles Well-Known Member

And send a pic of your drivers licencse and credit card...nice peoples though.

4. thats.mana

thats.mana Well-Known Member

I emailed them, didn't get a response and seen what I wanted sell out anyways. Should've just called nepenthes from the start.

5. canstyleace

email usually takes them a day to reply, sometimes more, call is always the best bet.
    may seem like a hassle but j+o is a great store and one of the few places that drops eg below 50%, they have consistently decent if not good buys, and they carry xs (also fwk which my wife is getting into), so its always a place I keep a look out come sales time ('cuz their retail prices are usually higher)

Besides for buyers in the us its a good deal since theres no tax, shipping is flat 25 unless package is huge (I've had 2 jackets or jacket+pant shipped for 25) and no customs fees as they ship via canadapost/usps and just ask them to put "made in usa" on customs form (which they've always done for me), on the other hand international buyers get the shaft (75-100 shipping + customs hit, Ouuchh!)

6. Lollie

Lollie Well-Known Member

Do the shirts this year fit TTS? Thanks!

7. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Well-Known Member

Having promised myself a current season Andover, I then went and got a 24oz melton Bedford instead. Tried them both on at the Garbstore, liked the bedford and needed a heavier jacket. Got 20% off too. As a skinny / lanky-ish dude I always assumed the longer and less boxy Andover would be the most suitable style for me, but I'm now definitely a Bedford fan [​IMG]. The melton version fits true to size I'd say.

The light grey/floral Brookline is nice, gave that a go. Was also super impressed by some of the Post Overalls pieces they had (there was more in-store than they currently have online). First time I'd seen/handled the stuff in person.

8. sjmin209

sjmin209 Well-Known Member

Can anyone comment on the fit of the LDT relative to the Bedford?

9. US Grant

US Grant Well-Known Member

I would say yes between this year and last with the exception that the body is longer in my experience

1 person likes this.
  10. Lollie

Lollie Well-Known Member

Guess I was asking because on 2 different websites, the model (around 6' and 165lbs each) is wearing a size Small in those shirts. The Bureau says to size down on this years shirts.

11. dogmoney

dogmoney Well-Known Member

I picked up the LDT in large this year (my usual EG size for a 42" chest) and it fits perfectly. I grabbed the grey herringbone knit bedford in AW12 and had to size up to the XL. Generally speaking however my understanding is that most people say that the bedford is TTS too.. not sure what they are like this season though? anyone got any ideas? I'm particularly interested in the navy uniform wool version...

Also, anyone know where I can get this pocket square and or matching tie, other than the bureau? I saw that context has the tie, but no pocket square.

https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/1033/navy-polka-dotfloral-pocket-square

12. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Well-Known Member

The only way a small would fit on someone that size is if it was painted on. This line of clothing is not Gitman Vintage or any of those uber slim fits. EG is a relaxed fit, not a Pee Wee Herman fit.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
    3 people like this.
  13. Shingles

Shingles Well-Known Member

I would probably agree with the Bureau. The sizing of EG shirts usually vary from season to season. I'm between S and M in EG shirting as it depends on the varying measurements. I prefer a 21" chest and that can be both S and M from year to year. This season it was S for me in most of the shirts, and M in the tab collar shirt. Best thing is to just look at the measurements really.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  14. canstyleace

Like most here already know, I'm no shirting expert, but ime this seasons xs has dino sleeves

15. dogmoney

dogmoney Well-Known Member

Lol. bump!

1 person likes this.
  16. RuffyD

RuffyD Well-Known Member

Inventory Stockroom is doing free international shipping along with their Thanksgiving sale.
    Picked up a pair of workaday fatigues

17. dixonmanor

dixonmanor Well-Known Member

Yeah, I grabbed the Workaday Jacket in reversed sateen for $163.00 shipped. Ordered Friday, wearing it today!

1 person likes this.
  18. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

How were you able to get the free international shipping with a code? I wasn't coming up for me.

19. RuffyD

RuffyD Well-Known Member

Order placed on Saturday, it just said "Free" in the shipping column when I checked out.
    There weren't any codes and I don't think it was mentioned anywhere on their site.

20. Phil McCrackin

Phil McCrackin Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can get the Field Nyco Ripstop in Black size xl ?
    Also , anywhere at all take the Olive ?