1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Fall / Winter 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by shoreman1782, May 17, 2013.

1. VCircuit

VCircuit Well-Known Member

Yeah, if what you want is a mid layer I think the current CPO would be the wrong choice...it has so many outer details and the fit is extremely roomy, I don't know where all that fabric would go. But as an outer I can make use of that volume and easily fit an overshirt or thick sweater underneath it, and I'd be willing to take on New England weather wearing 31oz of wool or w/e. For me the real point of comparison is the 19oz field jacket, and I think the current CPO has the more interesting fit (I am a sucker for its hem). The classic shirt is definitely the more logical choice for a mid layer, and if people prefer the older CPO styling the x Faribault is another shot at it.

That brown herringbone is great, and I definitely regret not picking up an olive field shirt-jac last year.

2. about11oclock

about11oclock Well-Known Member

mikey, you got an olive shirt jacket last year, right?

Does anyone know who stocks the grey flannel classic shirt?

3. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Well-Known Member

Finally picked up the package I ordered from The Bureau last week - LDT Jacket and Irving pants in the grey windowpane and the blue flannel shawl. Decided against the 3 piece at the moment but I'm sure I'll go back for the waistcoat next month if it is still available. The fabric on the jacket and pants is absolutely gorgeous. There's a wee bit of cashmere in there and it's really lined, jacket is fully lined too. The trousers are lined to just below the knee, these thing are gonna be really awesome and toasty.

Have a couple of wee issues with it though. The colour isn't as light as the pictures on the Bureau's website. I'll maybe drop them an email in the morning just to make sure they didn't send me the charcoal one. Does anyone else have experience with this jacket? I'll upload a picture in the morning if it's easier. The only other issue I have is with the sleeves on the jacket. I think I've got shortish arms anyway but I tried on the same size in Liberty a few weeks back and I can't remember the sleeves being so long and the sleeves on this one are so much longer than the other EG jackets I have. It's an easy fix for a tailor but they almost come down to my second set of knuckles.

Out of interest, does anyone have an experience with the mittens? I had them in my basket and took them out at the last minute for some reason.

4. canstyleace

canstyleace Well-Known Member

Charcoal would have some red stripes and grey should have some orange stripes.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  5. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've just gone through the pics on the Bureaus website and it is definitely the orange stripes. I think I was just expecting it to be a little lighter than it is.

6. canstyleace

It's a freaking beautiful fabric nonetheless, enjoy the suit! (wish I could pull off the pants in socal weather).

7. JOA

JOA Well-Known Member

This is not only an excellent look but I love what you say and reason through in this post. And, I couldn't agree more. I love the look of the old CPO but I could never get one to fit right and I really dislike the current model.

It never occurred to me to use the Classic Shirt in the same manner but you can bet I'll be giving this a shot.

Well done, alex99.

8. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

yeah, i got the shawl collar version during the drinkwaters sale. it's an awesome piece, perfect for a mid layer between a shirt and a parka or as outwear itself. fabric is awesome as well, wish I could have gotten the blazer (baker?) that was offered in the same fabric.

not the best photo, but yeah

[​IMG]

9. xander_horst

xander_horst Well-Known Member

I've got the AW12 Truman in Olive. Is that the blazer you're talking about?

10. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

yup, that's the one! how do you like it?

11. xander_horst

xander_horst Well-Known Member

Love it. I almost passed it up - felt the tone of the fabric was too uniform from photos I was looking at. Not so, it has a subtle complexity, mostly from texture. The Truman cut is very cool too (the fabric by the mid button is curved, double breast pocket, unique venting system). Pretty warm too for the weight.

1 person likes this.
  12. dogmoney

dogmoney Well-Known Member

Hi guys , just wondering if anyone's picked up an LDT jacket yet and has any for comments? Especially compared to the aw12 lined Bedford?

13. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

I want to put lip balm on the Context model guy's lips. So dry :/

Anyways, is Upland Vest meant to be worn inside, or outside of jacket? Sounds stupid I know, but I am asking because those pockets looks like I can actually put things in and carry around.

14. deme24

deme24 Active Member

Was wondering if anyone can help me find a link with info or tell me some more about an older shawl I'm interested in. I'm looking to learn more about the construction of the shawl in this photo. Does anyone know if this is one of the heavier weight shawls or not? I like the colors on this but I also want one that is sturdy and not like a thin cardigan.

[​IMG]

15. canstyleace

That's most likely a blackwatch wool flannel button shawl from the fwk line.

16. deme24

deme24 Active Member

Now that I know the name I'll do a bit of research online. Thank you!

17. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Well-Known Member

I saw a Japanese retailer online who had the Drivers Jacket in Herringbone Tweed. Any other stores carry this version? Any Stateside?
    How does the Drivers Jacket fit - I wear the Bedford in L (this season and last) and bought this seasons Bal Coat and NyCo Parka both in M

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  18. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

I like the fabric on this piece. Which style/name and material is that one?

19. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

Considering this didn't get responses, I ended up picking up the grey sweater knit version from Nepenthes NYC (outstanding customer service and responsiveness BTW) and thought I'd share some quick (though crappy) phone pics I took. I'm about 5'8", 150 lbs and this is a size small. Initially, I wasn't sure if I liked the styling on me, but after trying it out with numerous fits and different variations of shawl buttoning style, it's growing on me. What do you guys think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  20. canstyleace

FW11 navy wool embroidery cpo, its a mid weight loosely woven wool, drapes really nice and breathes very well so not too warm over ls or t, but if you put a vest or light jacket over it, or buttoned with scarf, it gets pretty comfy and warm.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'd only seen 1 pic of that piece in some fabric where it looked pretty puffy, particularly the collar and sleeves looked thick and poofy but I think that ribbed? fabric on yours doesnt make it look bad though, does the collar look ok folded down or too thick? probably just needs a good overall stretch to smooth out the fabric.
    I like that kind of layed back & cozy piece but I keep waiting for the perfect shawl neck cardigan belted robe thing which ideally would hit me lower than that one,,,, I had to resist the long barena cardi on yoox pretty hard just cuz I think that one would be a bit too long.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013