1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Fall / Winter 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by shoreman1782, May 17, 2013.

1. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

OK these ghurkas ARE too big. I could have them altered but it would take a lot and I think they'd lose a lot of EG character in the process :(

Paid $85 w ship, going to post a classified, but will let em go for $75 shipped CONUS. To make em work I think you prob oughta be 6 ft tall.

Mods if this is inappropriate please delete.

2. JOA

JOA Well-Known Member

It's Navy Oxford. Timpo has some close-ups of it a few posts back.

3. crosswound

crosswound Well-Known Member

how come some photos of the navy oxford the inside of the shirt is lighter but this shirt i linked the inside as you see from the slight sleeve roll is the same color?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  4. midcut

midcut Active Member

5. edubs01

edubs01 Well-Known Member

Has anybody tried on the Matt pants yet?
    Curious as to how they fit.

6. slide13

slide13 Well-Known Member

hmm...wondering if some of those pics are actually of the denim workshirt? That will have a lighter colored inside, being denim. Oxford should be the same on the inside as the outside.

7. crosswound

that is what i'm trying to figure out i hate to buy a shirt to just return it i used to own the denim work shirt but i sold it.

8. Yardsale

Yardsale Well-Known Member

How slim are the reversed pants compared to the fatigue pants (which I think are the slimmest this season?)?

9. yesssir

yesssir Well-Known Member

I tried on the Matt pants and they fit pretty slim with a strong taper from the knee down. They are definitely slimmer than this season's fatigues. I tried on both pair back to back in the same size and the fatigues are looser all around but still slim but just not as slim as the Matt pants. I could see guys with larger thighs having to size up in the Matt pants due to their slimness.

10. xander_horst

xander_horst Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  11. crosswound

xander thanks for posting confirms that i was actually seeing a denim work shirt sometimes. now i know to specifically ask for with a photo lol.

12. El QUaG

El QUaG Well-Known Member

Thanks for the confirmation. From the various fit pics of Matt pants posted by Timpoblete above, they look fairly slim even on the Japanese models.

What fabric did you try the Matt and Fatigue pants? Keen to hear thoughts on the weight, feel and versatility of the various fabrics: Duck canvas / Coated Heavy Twill / Reversed Sateen.

I bought the Fatigue pants from SS13 in reversed sateen, and whilst it's great for summer (super light weight with plenty of room through the leg), it is not ideal for all year wear.

13. Dino19

Dino19 Well-Known Member

So, the Matt is the slimmest pants in the collection? Anyone knows the design inspirations behind the Matt with all the pockets?

14. kape

kape Well-Known Member

EG has used these fabrics before in the past but curious to see how the Coated Twill compares to previous versions. Im pretty sure you have those fabrics in order from heavy to light - duck/coated/sateen. Though don't compare the SS High Count smooth feel to FW reversed sateen weight.

15. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Well-Known Member

Its a slimmer cut of an original military pant, with the same pocket layout

16. Knight

Knight Well-Known Member

Some stores in Japan have received the corduroy Long Beach Pants in a range of lovely colours including red. These pics courtesy of Second Stage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  17. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Well-Known Member

Hey All of You, Listen Up!

I'm down to only myself in the shop because Steven has been out ill for over a week. I know I haven't returned some emails and PM's but as time allows, I'm catching up. If you have any immediate needs or requests and you live stateside, give me a call 617-547-2067.

Give Steven a shout out and wish him a speedy recovery. We miss him around here.

Thanks!

Gary

1 person likes this.
  18. lawlercon

lawlercon Well-Known Member

Steve,

Feel better brother!

2 people like this.
  19. slide13

slide13 Well-Known Member

Feel better Steven!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  20. Phil McCrackin

Phil McCrackin Well-Known Member

anyone ittk ? this seasons reversed sateen fatigues , they labelled say 32 / 34 / 36 or m/l/xl ?
    is xl = 38" , or does the 36 come in at 38" ?