1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

End Clothing--terrible, almost unbelievable experience; curious what others think

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Danl, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Danl

Danl Active Member

I have just had the worst experience I have ever had with a retailer, almost defies belief in my opinion. Having been looking at Cabourn Wide Lapel jackets on its web site for some time, I saw a new color appear last week, what appeared to be a one-off at a significantly lower price than the colors that had been on the site for some time. I purchased the jacket, received confirmation, and shortly thereafter received notice of FedEx tracking and shipping info. While thrilled at getting what seemed to be a stray Cabourn piece at a terrific price, the jacket was not quite my size. In perusing the site, I noticed that the same jacket suddenly appeared in other sizes--now at the "normal" price. Baffled, I asked the End team about it, and they confirmed that I got a "one time opportunity" to purchase the jacket at that price and that no exchanges would be considered. They also noted that the price I paid was due to a technical error. Ok, I reasoned, but when I purchased the jacket I assumed it was from a different season, second quality, etc., etc. My money was apparently good enough for End to take and process the order.

So here is the almost unbelievable part. I tracked the package via FedEx, and noticed that it arrived in California ONLY TO HAVE BEEN SUMMONED BACK BY END. They actually had the temerity to take the package back. I frankly was surprised that Fedex vests ownership with the shipper--I am not sure this is global policy, as it seems once a package is shipped, ownership rights should vest with the receiver.

End refunded my Paypal account, and I was informed that they would tender a 20% discount if I wished to purchase the jacket, approximately 100% more than what I had paid.

My sense is that End had an ethical (and perhaps legal) right to honor the transaction. I believe this is an extremely underhanded way to do business. For several hundred dollars, End has created an extraordinary amount of ill will with at least one customer--I don't hesitate to say that had it been honorable, I would have been a loyal customer for a long time--and in my view has done itself an extreme disservice.

I am curious what others think of this episode.