1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Emergency Cleaning Option in Manhattan?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MetroStyles, May 12, 2006.

1. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Well-Known Member

Sorry for the stupid thread topic, but I am in big trouble and really annoyed at my local cleaner.

I take my formal shirt to the local guy to just press and starch. Well I get it back, and there are little wrinkles near some buttonholes and the sleeves are really wrinkled, as if someone just pressed the wrinkles right onto it. WORST OF ALL, near the edge of the left cuff is a slight brown stain that looks like it could be from the iron. I am so angry right now.

I need someone who can take the little stain out and actually press my shirt without messing up royally like these idiots. I don't care how much it costs. I need a one day turn-around, and they need to work on Satudays (I hand it in Friday, get it back Saturday). I will go anywhere in Manhattan. But I need it to be quick and PROFESSIONAL, without regard to cost.

Thanks so much guys. I'm just so angry with these "cleaners" right now.

2. whoopee

whoopee Well-Known Member

Hallak.

However, it doesn't seem like a big problem. The stain can probably be removed easily, and anyone (meaning you, if necessary) could iron it.

3. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Well-Known Member

Hallak.

However, it doesn't seem like a big problem. The stain can probably be removed easily, and anyone (meaning you, if necessary) could iron it.

Don't have an ironing board where I am staying at the moment. Stains I'm no good with. Thanks for the recommendation though.

4. Eskie

Eskie Member

I would second Hallak, and it will likely be ready later in the day, rather than bothering to wait until Saturday. Just bring it over early.