1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

They're like <8in leg opening, roll up can get tough I imagine?

2. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

Wow those look amazing. How's sizing? I'm a 35 so wondering if I should go up to a 36 and get them altered or go with the 34. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  3. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

Also, how translucent is the white pair? Leaning toward blue in case that's an issue.

4. thesilentist

thesilentist Well-Known Member

So, on the white pair, I went with a 30 waist and usually take a 33 or 32 in most pants.

Noah (shop owner) told me that fit a little large to sizing on the white because of the fabric and the way they may have stretched during washing or something? Anyway, I'd probably go with a 34 is my guess. I'll measure mine when I get home and take a fit pic for ya'll. You can also email them and they'll give you pretty good advice on sizing.

EDIT: You can also alter the pant waists on these, FYI. There's allowance on the seat seam and the waistband isn't one piece.

Eh, it's not that bad. It's more dense than your typical linen, but you can kinda see the pocket bags a bit. It wasn't enough to bother me as I have several cream/white summer linen trousers and just live with it. Just wear grey boxers and you'll be fine.

2 people like this.
  5. NickPollica

NickPollica Well-Known Member

Those pants are a shallow single pleated model that is specific to this spring (we saw a lot of men wearing pants like this in India). They are these two pants respectively:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I sound like a broken record at this point, but the textiles here are off the charts. The navy is a Japanese indigo that has discharge printed broken stripes and the white is this amazing slub cotton blend that must be seen IRL to be appreciated. The fit in general is really oversized - definitely meant to be worn with a rolled hem.

1 person likes this.
  6. thesilentist

thesilentist Well-Known Member

Here's the kurta shirt and the pants I talked about earlier in the thread.

[​IMG]

Shot of the shirt's side pocket. The fabric looks like linen but it's actually a very gauze-y cotton. Way softer than linen.

[​IMG]

As you can see I didn't roll up my pants in this photo. The waist on the size 30 actually measures 33.5". It's sitting slightly high just below my belly button. Rise seems a bit higher than the average pant and the waistband height is larger than your typical dress pant. Pant is unlined.

[​IMG]

For those wondering how See-thru the fabric is, it's really some of the best I've seen for a "linen-like" material. You can see where the pocket bags are under the pant, but that's about it. The close up below shows you how dense the weave is. Texture is phenomenal.

[​IMG]

For a few styling ideas:

[​IMG]
    Navy linen-cotton baggy knit & Benjamin's loafers made from Ralph Lauren outdoor furniture fabric

[​IMG]
    Navy linen cardigan from Club Monaco, white linen tee from Our Legacy, Soludos espadrilles

[​IMG]
    Tan linen cardigan from Drumohr, Hawaiian rayon shirt from Two Palms, huaraches from Chamula

Obviously, you could do crewneck linen sweaters from the Eidos line or any of the other kurta shirts. I could see Breton stripe shirts and boat shoes if you were more nautically inclined. I think a navy and white block striped tee would look pretty good, too.

13 people like this.
  7. teddieriley

teddieriley Well-Known Member

^^You pull off those looks very well.

8. hookem12387

hookem12387 Well-Known Member

Damn those pants are killer. Great pics.

9. everyday

everyday Member

I recently acquired a navy sweater/cardigan made by Eidos, and I quite like it! I wear my clothes a little less casual than the recent developments in this thread, but I'm learning...Eidos is a great start!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I did buy that linen shirt I'm trying on in the last 2 pictures, although it's not Eidos.

2 people like this.
  10. canon5dfan

canon5dfan Well-Known Member

love that cardigan! what is it called and where did you get it?

11. NickPollica

Very first season of the Augusto.

1 person likes this.
  12. canon5dfan

canon5dfan Well-Known Member

Ah thank you! Now I must find a store that sells it lol :)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  13. NickPollica

Its actually not a cardigan, its our most casual sport coat model and it sold at most store that sell eidos now.

14. jtorres94

jtorres94 Well-Known Member

Hey Antonio,

What size in US do you think a size 40 in the blanket slippers will translate to?
    Thanks!

15. jtorres94

[​IMG]

And Did these pants make it to any stores?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  16. NickPollica

They'll probably fit a US8

Yes - Magasin in LA has them (Maybe Unionmade too but I can't remember). You can call Magasin at +1 213 458 8424 and ask for the brown indian pajama pants.

17. jtorres94

Thanks Antonio,

Unfamiliar with this particular style (only own the Sam model,) any one have tips on how the pajama pants fit?

18. NickPollica

They are alpha sized and I would say that a person with a size 32-38 waist would wear the medium. The waist is VERY large but cinches down substantially (the effect is very different from last fall's version of the drawstring pant since these fabrics are knitted).

19. jtorres94

Thanks a bunch, Antonio!
    Called Magasin and placed my order with Logan I believe it was, and should be on its way tomorrow.

Was looking for a pair of pants for an upcoming vacation and think these should do well!

20. everyday

everyday Member

Sorry for calling it a cardigan, but it wears and reads to other people like one :p. And yes, the tag does indeed say Augusto, but you were much faster. But since I have you, are other material-ed Augustos the same, cut-wise? I noticed this is darted in the back which is neat, and I like the shoulder attachment. I also picked up a Lavato Jacket (Saks Off 5th, pictures pending), which is completely w/o structre, too, and very cool, but the cut is more traditional Isaia if I'm not wrong.