1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. NickPollica

NickPollica Well-Known Member

Depends on how you plan to wear it. If you are going to layer it over tailoring than I'd leave it (use that waist cinch for more shape). If not and you want to wear it as a 3-4 season jacket I would absolutely size down.

1 person likes this.
  2. NickPollica

Yes. Not sure if many of you guys know this but I was a cut and sew knits designer for RL Rugby for years before I worked with Michael Bastian. The one piece collar was a fairly common collar/placket construction on many vintage rugby shirts. The original idea here was to make a woven rugby shirt with the lupo collar with barre striped fabric. That means that the placket (which would in turn become the under collar if you flipped it up) would be the same pattern matched stripe as the body so the placket would essentially be invisible. The inside placket (which becomes the top part of the collar would have been a woven poplin, just like a regular rugby shirt. I agree that the body fabric is beautiful - that's what kills me the most. There have been suprisingly a ton of things like this where our factories don't understand or like an idea they've never seen before so they just do it how they think will look best.

5 people like this.
  3. eighttrees

eighttrees Member

The Mr Porter measurement is accurate for my size 34 pair - 12 inches

4. notdesigned

notdesigned Well-Known Member

Thank you. I'll definitely be picking up a pair

5. hrv123

hrv123 Well-Known Member

How warm is the Matera? Appropriate for east coast/Canadian fall/early winter or should I go with the FJ?

6. NickPollica

Its a super dense cotton but it is cotton. That said, if ai had to choose I'd go with the matera.

7. metranger8694

metranger8694 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry if I am asking a question that has been answered but which store(s) might the Blue Shay Car coat be carried?

Already having a 12 oz. burgundy wool FJ I think the Matera might be slightly redundant thickness-wise for S. Fl...

Thanks!

8. poorsod

poorsod Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Antonio, do you know washing recommendations for this cardigan? I got it at the Eidos samples sale but it has no labels of any sort. No country of origin label, not even an Eidos label. I assume it is cotton and should be hand washed only but wanted to confirm. Thanks.

9. NickPollica

Supply and advise in Miami actually bought that fabric as an augusto jacket and it is epic. I believe AK Rikks bought the shay in the discharge indigo too. Not sure where else. The vendor list is on the website though if you want to call some of the sportswear stores.

You and I are the only ones with that one...its a sample that showed up the last day of market so no one picked it up. Its cotton/linen and I would dry clean only.

1 person likes this.
  10. metranger8694

Funny.....I've had S&A's Eidos page up for awhile, waiting for photos, description and sizing etc. which is all blank..

They list the sizes and the price. But I'd like to see how the Augusto looks.

Is it as sheer as the Shay?

The 48 Burgundy FJ is maybe a hair big but great so I'm guessing I'd be a 48 in the Augusto.

Thanks for your reply.

And the Mr.Porter editorial about you was so awesome. If I lived in colder climes I'd a pounced on that Peacoat. It's fantastic.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  11. NickPollica

The fabric isn't even remotely sheer, its just an open weave like fresco so when you hold it up to the light it passes through. I would take your normal sportcoat size. As the majority of my wardrobe has gotten more casual, the Augusto is all wear. Its not a jacket for ties, but for tees, polos, henelys, etc. Its a slightly more refined top layer option for any outfit that you might wear a field jacket or bomber with.

Thanks for the kind words about the Mr. Porter piece. I'm really happy that we shot a lot of it in NJ. There will be a lot more photos from the shoot on backyardbill.com soon.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. metranger8694

^That is somethin' special.

13. hookem12387

hookem12387 Well-Known Member

That really looks awesome for a casual throw on deal. I'll guess it doesn't come in long?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  14. NickPollica

nope - but at 6'3" and change I wear a regular. Again, this is not a jacket to be worn with a tie, trousers, etc so the traditional rules about length don't really apply. It should be thought about like a piece of outerwear.

15. hookem12387

Thanks. It's always handy when the designer is built like me :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  16. metranger8694

It really does.

I just recently bought a similarly colored Navy Tonal Seersucker jacket(suit) so I'm not sure if this Augusto would be a bit redundant.

Gotta think.

17. NickPollica

Only thing I'll say here as that the yarn here is dyed with natural indigo so it is going to fade and take on your own unique wear patterns like raw denim.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  18. teddieriley

teddieriley Well-Known Member

You mean sexy?

19. hookem12387

20. Artking3

Artking3 Well-Known Member

I hope its not going to leave indigo stains everywhere like raw denim does. I love raw denim but that is the one thing I am wary of.

1 person likes this.