1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. mossrockss

mossrockss Well-Known Member

has anybody bought a 52L Tenero at any point? whether via MTM or when Bloomies carried it?

curious what the measurements are.

2. hookem12387

hookem12387 Well-Known Member

I'll pull measurements from mine in the next day or two.

1 person likes this.
  3. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Well-Known Member

4. YseanY

YseanY Well-Known Member

Just discovered this on my teal lupo from Gentry. If I recall correctly, I've only worn/washed it 3-4 times =(

5. ErikJN

ErikJN Well-Known Member

@NickPollica - I got the chocolate brown linen pants from this season at NMWA. The washing label says not to wash it, would you say that's absolute? Can't really see why gentle washing would harm them.

Great pants by the way!!

6. FLW

FLW Well-Known Member

I know you were asking Antonio, but I thought I'd chime in. Washing linen can be a real disaster since the fabric tends to be less colorfast than cotton and it can shrink more (and less predictably).

Unless you're up for an experiment in laundry, I would recommend dry cleaning linen trousers. They may come out fine, but I have seen linen trousers emerge from the washer not-so-fine.

7. mossrockss

I am 1000% in favor of machine washable stuff. But even for me, dress pants seem like a risky proposition—I'd agree that you don't want them to shrink, and I also would worry about damaging the structure in the waistband, etc.

That said, please try it anyway and report back for the rest of us :stirpot:

8. soaped

soaped Well-Known Member

9. mossrockss

Picked up a couple Eidos jackets from SS14 for a good deal on eBay. Curious what peeps here think. I'm looking to fill out my summer wardrobe—currently I only have my navy raw silk jacket and the brown raw silk suit. So I wanted something lighter. And specifically, I've wanted something in the tan color range for years (have had several over the years, but none have been just right).

Threw the blue in the order, too, because the photography in the lookbook from that season made it look pretty cool. Never would've chosen a light blue SC, I don't think, but figured what the heck.

They are Tipo fit, same size as all my other Eidos jackets (primo, tenero, NMWA, lorenzo). Shoulders are surprisingly a bit snug, particularly in the blue jacket, but not too tight that I can't, say, drive a car (my standard shoulder test lol).

Seller has a 30 day return policy. So I can keep both, send both back, or keep one or the other. I'm letting it sit for a bit to decide. Also waiting to see Antonio's SS17 presentation tomorrow at NYFWM.

So, thoughts?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. FLW

FLW Well-Known Member

Love both of them. Have the blue and green PoW, gutted that I could never find the teal windowpane in my size.

Both are very, very warm weather oriented, going best with lighter brown or cream trousers. Neither are as versatile as plain brown or navy, but both make a nice statement without going over the top.

If you want to slip these into a weekly rotation they may not be versatile enough. If you're cool with a few wears a month during warmer times then I say go for it.

I sadly mourn the slow death of the Tipo

1 person likes this.
  11. heldentenor

heldentenor Well-Known Member

Agree with everything FLW says above. I really wish Eidos had made that grey/blue PoW in a suit; it would be spectacular. As it is, it's great with cotton or linen white/cream/sand/taupe trousers and either no tie of a very casual knit. I tried to wear mine in more formal ensembles and it never quite worked.

12. Cityplace

Cityplace Well-Known Member

Just saw this - is this still going on??

13. wigglr

wigglr Well-Known Member

^ @mossrockss I love them both on you, but I prefer the blue one by far (unless it's a 52/42, then I'd return it [​IMG]). I honestly think it would get more wears than a couple times per season.

14. mossrockss

heh. it IS a 52. if i decide to send it back i'll let you know.

fwiw, my wife loves the blue, doesn't care much for the tan windowpane.

15. wigglr

wigglr Well-Known Member

Haha, I thought it was a 52 because I remember you saying that a couple weeks/months back you take 52.

She's got a good eye! Make her happy and keep the blue. Side benefit: You get to keep it.

16. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

I own the teal windowpane and love it. It's a compliment magnet. Keep it unless the fit is intolerable.

1 person likes this.
  17. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

I would keep both. They look awesome on you.

1 person likes this.
  18. mossrockss

LOL you guys are such enablers.

(i'm leaning towards keeping them both)

19. TtownMD

TtownMD Well-Known Member

You should keep them both lol great looking & good price !!

1 person likes this.
  20. wigglr

wigglr Well-Known Member

... you said you didn't have many summer pieces...........