1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. n2pua

n2pua Well-Known Member

@NickPollica, any info you can share with us on this model ?

2. pi34

pi34 Well-Known Member

So I just got two EIDOS suits from SFAO5. I actually thought I was ordering two ISAIA staple suits at an absurd price ($420) due to a picking error. Turns out I got two really nice EIDOS suits at what is still a very good price. My only issue is that my lifestyle doesn't call for these types of suits. It turns out there may have been an error though where I end up with these for an obscene deal. Either way, I figure I'd share, as, if I return them, I can let an interested person know where to order them.

Both are 40R and fit tts. Sleeves seem shortened (lil long for me and I usually wear a short with a bit taken off). Sleeves were finished and function with stacked buttons. Basting is still attached though. Maybe floor models or alterations that were never picked up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not the best tie for them, but it's what was on the mannequin.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  3. rnguy001

rnguy001 Well-Known Member

^ Awesome. I love that lapel shape and the 3r2 is killer. Fit pics when it comes please.:slayer:

4. robw

robw Well-Known Member

I did from Saks and am about to return it. Nice jacket but I don' care for the raglan sleeves

If anyone is interested in it size 40/50, PM me like today. I paid the sale price of 518.26

5. soaped

soaped Well-Known Member

I'm a huge fan of Eidos and wanted to bring up some QA problems I've observed from several pairs of pants/shorts that I've purchased.

I'm not sure if all the casual pants/shorts are made at the same factory, but thus far more often than not I've received pairs with issues that weren't caught until I wore or washed them. They were easy to fix so I kept them but I wouldn't have expected any problems to show up at these price points. These were purchased brand new from retail stores.

1) I have a pair of draw-string pants with waistband stitching that was sewn absolutely crooked around the front, and completely missed some of the joining seams. And the rear pocket, don't use the snaps or expect the rivet to either tear the fabric or fall out.

2) I have a pair of Justin pants that seemed to fit tighter in one thigh. When I turned them inside out to inspect it looked like originally there was a tear at the edge of the fabric/seams and someone decided to save it and repair by sewing an extra seam past the tear.

3) I have a pair of shantung cotton shorts that were pleated, but the bottom flared out at least 1" more than the leg. Bell bottom shorts anyone?

I mean, I don't have a single pair of Eidos dress pants with problems and for the most part the tops are great too (minus some sizing variance). Maybe I've just been extremely unlucky.

1 person likes this.
  6. bry2000

bry2000 Well-Known Member

Some stuff still left at Barney's Madison, including a field jacket at 60% off. I am not an Eidos fan so this is just a PSA.

7. ferdsje

ferdsje Well-Known Member

Just for curiosity, anyone nows if the belt on the photo above it's from Eidos and where to purchase it? Looks really cool

[​IMG]

8. notdesigned

notdesigned Well-Known Member

9. alexSF

alexSF Well-Known Member

Yes,
    J Press stock them since forever

One of the nicest casual belt

10. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Well-Known Member

I got a pair of those draw-string pants from Saks that arrived with rear pocket button snap torn out. There was no online stock in my size to exchange and I liked the pants enough to keep them, but the way the button snap was attached is a terrible idea. The button is just waiting to be torn out if you actually use it.

1 person likes this.
  11. YseanY

YseanY Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with a pair from Nordstrom. The overlock on one side seam was broken (and fabric frayed terribly). The other side seam was ok but it does look like the seam was resewn, resulting in a second chain stitch sewn further and creating in a slightly smaller leg.

It sounds like they did not put any fusing/pellon inside the fabric before applying the snaps.

1 person likes this.
  12. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

For those of you who got the draw string did you guys all upsize as advised?

13. clee1982

just fyi, I tried the draw strings, upsize could work, but TTS probably works better in my case

14. clee1982

just an update on this, I end up taking TTS, it's on the tight but manageable side

15. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

Anyone else find the sizing of the Justin field pant to be a bit off? I wear a size 34 in almost all pants, including Eidos. I found the 34 in the Justin to be way too big. The 32 was a better fit, although a bit snug.

16. ebayhtl

ebayhtl Well-Known Member

Hi guys - quick one - how does the sizing for Eidos suits (from Bloomingdales) compare to SuitSupply La Spallas? Or just in general, should I go TTS for Eidos suits from Bloomingdales? Thank you.

17. YseanY

YseanY Well-Known Member

Same here. The 32 Justin I tried was vanity size, waist measured about 34.5"

18. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

Yikes. It sounds like you received the pair I returned due to the tearing issue a few months back. If you search the thread, you'll see I posted my review about the snaps on the pants and how mine tore; must be the same ones. I'm shocked they didn't send those back to the manufacturer to address. Crazy.

19. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Well-Known Member

Was it a size 34? LOL! I guess I never use the rear pocket of these types of pants, so not a huge issue. I know I probably should have returned them out of principle, but they appear to be out of the size, so I decided to just keep them and maybe patch up the hole later.

I checked out the white draw-string pants at Martin Patrick 3 this past weekend and examined those snap buttons. Some of them are beginning to tear at the bottom part of the snaps, so I think anyone who actually uses those snaps on these pants will probably end up with them torn out.

20. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Well-Known Member

I bought some drawstring pants recently and the snap on the back pocket ripped out the first time I tried to use it. Not a small rip either, it looks pretty bad now. I had the pants shipped from the US so returning/exchanging will be tough. Really disappointing.

1 person likes this.