1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. heldentenor

heldentenor Well-Known Member

Antonio's written about this before, and I appreciate the glimpse he provided into the world of fashion retail and marketing.

Bloomie's doesn't make any money when they sell Eidos jackets for sub-$500 to SF folks like me who tend to wait for sales (and who tend to appreciate details like 3-roll-2 lapels with a bit more width, longer jacket lengths, etc). They feel they need to stock a cut that can sell to off-the-street customers at full price to justify carrying the brand. The Balthasar cut does that in a way that our beloved Tipo evidently did not.

1 person likes this.
  2. ASNY2VA

ASNY2VA Well-Known Member

Can anyone comment on the cut of the dress shirts? The ones on Bloomingdales are listed as regular fit, and then there's the generic (useless) size guide that so many stores use.

3. JIMB

JIMB Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  4. NickPollica

NickPollica Well-Known Member

Simply, their stores run a promotional business. Its built into the dna of how they sell. We've had to adapt our strategy with this in mind to give them something that is both easy for their associates to move and that is unique to the market so that it won't compete with our other silhouettes. The reality is that if you are looking for a jacket with the kind of details you'd expect from us, you aren't going to be able to find it on sale in March.

2 people like this.
  5. ferdsje

ferdsje Well-Known Member

BUSTED.

You can see the shell site here. The images were just placeholders for a beautiful shoot that sadly won't happen now. That said. You can get a rough idea of what will be sliding towards Martin Patrick shortly.[/

I'm interested in some pieces that appear in the shell site, it's possible to buy it through the Eidos web for European customers?

Love Eidos style, but importing from EEUU increases the price about 40% actually in my country, and proccesing through customs increases also the shipping time

6. FLW

FLW Well-Known Member

Ghey pulled the plug on the website. Nothing wil be sold by Eidos directly.

7. Joeaverage

Joeaverage Active Member

I must be late to this but I noticed AW16 on the website today? Looks solid as.

8. coolron

coolron Well-Known Member

@NickPollica We were having a little debate on the best way to use the new side tabs on the Sal trousers and was hoping you could weigh in. Would you have the little points towards the rear of the trouser so that it digs into the tab holding it in place?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Or have them facing the front of the trouser and just slide the tab through the buckle?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  9. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Well-Known Member

I should have paid more attention to the Bloomingdale's discussion. I ordered the stock pictured 3 roll 2 Glen Plaid "Large Brown Herringbone"? from Bloomingdale's and received a true "Large Brown Herringbone" Balthazar at the bottom with matching stock numbers. I assume the top one is no longer available. What a mess of a website.

The 52R Balthazar actually fit pretty well...maybe a little more snug than my other 52 Eidos/Isaia.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. yanagi

yanagi Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting. Like you, I had read that the Balthazar was a 2-button model, so I was confused why the photos were clearly showing 3r2 jackets. Now I know.

11. daddyblitz

daddyblitz Well-Known Member

Someone f'd up the order,bc the top one is available, i a actually purchased it online a few fays ago,also the Chicago store has plenty of those,since they just came.

12. soaped

soaped Well-Known Member

I actually like that large scale herringbone better than the glen plaid listed above! I believe they carry the brown glen plaid in store if you are looking for it. They probably have both and got confused... My favorite cut is the Tenero, but the Balthazar isn't bad. It fits pretty much like a shorter Tipo w/ less detail, which is great for something casual.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  13. Shouldaville

I have an email into them to get in straightened out. Bathroom pic, but I am liking it more and more. 75% camel, 25% wool with patch pockets is a little different from other Bloomingdale's options. 30.25" length isn't bad either.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. Lancaster

Lancaster Well-Known Member

Could just be the angle but is the button stance a little low/ is there gaping?

15. Shouldaville

Probably just the angle. It is a couple of inches above my navel. It could be nipped a bit in the waist though.

16. NickPollica

NickPollica Well-Known Member

Its not camel and wool, its hemp and wool.

17. Shouldaville

Ah, thanks...very nice. Need to brush up on my tag interpretation.

18. TtownMD

TtownMD Well-Known Member

Shouldaville that's actually look nice man. So you ordered glen plad & got that? I can't even find the on you are wearing online.

19. Shouldaville

Thanks, and I don't see it listed either. As quickly as the hemp jackets usually go, I should just keep it before they correct the description (especially with you grabbing every 52!).

I ordered:

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/...0074#fn=ppp=180&spp=38&sp=1&rid=&spc=199&pn=1

20. TtownMD

TtownMD Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Went to sak & picked up this shirt & wool & hemp blend pant very very nice :D they didnt have size 52 EU available but ended up ordering it.