1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. razl

razl Well-Known Member

Good tip; I'm eyeing the blue cotton+silk one below (there's one in cream online too). Can anyone comment on it's fit, especially the length? In most euro, like mainline Zegna, I'm a 50. I'm particularly concerned if this may be a trendy "shorter" cut which I would not be interested in. Since there are no refunds (only credit) I'm a little hesitant.

[​IMG]

2. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Well-Known Member

I'll second that request. I'd pull the trigger on the 40 or 42 in a hearbeat if I knew that the length was at least 30 inches.

3. hookem12387

hookem12387 Well-Known Member

42 is 30.5" from BOC according to Carson Street (I asked them awhile back).

4. reidrothchild

Thanks, man! 30.5 would be perfect; however, I was leaning away because I just found this thread on CSC's page.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/362494/carson-street-clothiers-official-affiliate-thread/105

They've got the donnegal DB listed a full inch shorter than that:

Shoulder:18"

Chest:21"

Length: 29.5"

Sleeves: 33"

Did your measurements come from customer service?

5. hookem12387

hookem12387 Well-Known Member

I think I may be wrong here. Now that I remember, my measurements were for the single breasted model. DB may be shorter. It was from CB at Carson, btw.

6. reidrothchild

7. reidrothchild

I called CSC and spoke to Josh. He pulled the 42R and measured it at exactly 30 inches BOC, so I pulled the trigger. Heck of a deal if it's not too small.

8. jedwards

jedwards Well-Known Member

I know what you mean.

Love the clothes I've seen of theirs in these threads recently, as I was not familiar with the brand before. Maybe bigger in America than UK perhaps.

I don't really understand what the brand is, which probably sounds silly... Is it a RTW brand you can actually buy OTR, or is it some sort of MTM operation only available through American retailers?

Is there a store on any of the main thoroughfares in Naples, as I've never seen it if so?

9. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

does anyone know is they do a size 34/44 or if anyone stocks it? smallest I am seeing on Carson St is 36/46.

10. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

Any idea if/when Bloomingdales NYC will go to end-of-season sale on Eidos?

11. NickPollica

NickPollica Well-Known Member

We are a primarily RTW brand that offers MTM through a select group of our retailers. We are primarily forcused on the US market at this time with no retail outlet in Naples currently.

There is no one currently stocking anything that small. You would have to do MTM or MTO via Carson Street for that.

At the moment, Carson Street stocks 3 different models from us. The first being the single breasted tipo model (back length is 76cm for a EU size 50), the second being the double breasted tenero model (back length is 75cm for a EU size 50) and the 3rd being the lavato (the jacket above), which is the washed version of the tenero. The fit spec of this is supposed to be the same as the tenero although the fit is a bit unpredictable due to the fact that every washed fabric reacts and shrinks differently. As a general rule, the lavato jackets usually run slimmer and shorter than the rest.

12. razl

razl Well-Known Member

@Nick ^^^ great info, thanks for sharing!

13. reidrothchild

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Package from CSC waiting for me when I got home. Also included a couple of nice extras: lapel pin and the cool hanger. I had planned to switch the buttons out to brown, but these are pretty nice, and the textured fabric keeps it from looking too nautical, I think. Anyway, I'm very pleased with this and look forward to seeing more from Eidos.

2 people like this.
  14. Robstrongo

Robstrongo Well-Known Member

15. NickPollica

Award for worst photo ever goes to this listing. That is actually a beautiful brown and charcoal gingham check jacket from Bloomingdale's first season buy (before I designed the collection). The model is the precursor to the typo model but it is shorter (75cm on a 50) and has a slightly narrower, more bellied lapel. Still full canvassed though and an amazing deal at that price.

16. Rincon

Rincon Well-Known Member

It took 8 weeks instead of 5-6 weeks but my MTM suit & sports coat finally arrived.

They still have to make cuffs functional but ill post after I pick it up

1 person likes this.
  17. heldentenor

heldentenor Well-Known Member

Cross-post from WAYWRN. Nick, I took your suggestion and went with "light sage" cotton trousers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. NickPollica

:fistbump:

19. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

Cut of the jackets look perfect. Love the slightly 30s vibe.

20. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Well-Known Member

Those are really great shots of the collection-- what are the details, retail $, and where to find info on that amazing eidos tuxedo?