1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Edward Green Shoes in Washington, DC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kabert, Apr 16, 2005.

1. medwards

medwards Well-Known Member

I too was very pleased to meet RJman.  Aside from his depth of knowledge and wonderful enthusiasm, he has a very keen eye and a willingness to share his knowledge in a most helpful and generous way. Indeed, I was tremendously impressed with the entire group. Yes, we must do it again.

2. dorian

dorian Well-Known Member

Now, look... Is there any reason everyone needs to hear all of this.? I mean, if there is a next time, I'm now going to drive from NYC to DC. [​IMG] Â [​IMG] It sounds like the event was a wonderful time. Does anyone know of a similar show in NYC anytime soon? Also, I'm absolutely dying to see these oft mentioned olive green Newburys - did anyone snap a few photos at Sky Valet? TIA....

3. medwards

medwards Well-Known Member

There is a photo of them in the most recent Edward Green catalogue. Perhaps someone with a scanner and the catalogue can post the image. However, I must say that I don't think a photograph can capture the subtlety and shading of the colour. You'll just have to drive on down here to DC during the next visit and see for yourself. [​IMG]

4. dorian

dorian Well-Known Member

Wow... I never noticed the Newburys in the catalogue are olive. I just checked, and sure enough... I wonder why they have the Newbury (as opposed to the Ladbroke, Hythe, etc.) in olive... Anyone? Do you guys who have seen it in person think it would be possible to wear it with a city/business suit? (I mean, what with a matching olive belt?) I'm plotting and planning on the Ladbroke, Hythe and Newbury over the next year in burnt pine, the navy-ish blue and olive. I can't quite figure out which color would be best for each model... Any suggestions? Sorry to hijack this thread a bit... but I'm guessing it has the most attention from the forum's EG fanatics [​IMG]

5. RJman

RJman Well-Known Member

I'd venture to say yes. The shoes are discreetly dark enough to "pass", as the rather sinister term used to be. With a navy suit especially they'd be very smart. Maybe, just maybe, I might not wear them at in a very conservative "white-shoe" setting where people might have an extended look at them. Otherwise I think they're great.

To medwards and friendlyone for your words of very gratefully accepted courtesy: Purrrrrrrrr... Let me reiterate that it was great meeting all of you, and getting to see the various and varied perspectives all of you bring to style. Definitely the most fun I've had with shoes, even more than those nights with a glass of red wine, polishing cloths, and Berlutis...

6. Mr Checks

Mr Checks Well-Known Member

Hey, let the rest of us know when the orders come in; maybe I can fabricate a reason to come in; hell, it's only 550 miles.