• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edward Green/ Drake's Pop -Up Sale

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
  • since i have big feet 11/11.5 (UK/US) i am guessing from the looks of the crowd ahead of me that I did not loose much to those first 20 or so. Bought three pairs , the best deal being a £295 Whisky Cordovan Oundle with a tiny defect. When I got home noticed I had bought something close to a repeat so may put it up for sale in B&S

I left the entire 11UK section intact... The only pair I wanted was 395 and it wasn't anything that I had to have.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

500deadlift

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just got back. Great selection for sizes below 10. I'm a size 11-11.5 and managed to snap up two pairs of Galway Boots (Thanks to my wife who went in earlier and guarded them for me).

Pic for Kev of the 6.5 section. This was taken around 5:30pm

Last edited:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got back. Great selection for sizes below 10. I'm a size 11-11.5 and managed to snap up two pairs of Galway Boots (Thanks to my wife who went in earlier and guarded them for me).
Pic for Kev of the 6.5 section. This was taken around 5:30pm

Argh! That's my size! There are a couple of shoes that I'd want too! Anyone going back and mind picking 2 pairs up for me :D

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
LIKE WOAH.

350x585px-LL-8b931805_IMG-20120718-WA0001.jpeg

9pw07q.jpg

nabass

Reaction score
Wow! Does anyone know how the selection looked for 9.5 / 10Es? Trying to see if I can find a friend in London to go for me. (First post, had wanted to sign up for a while but finally had to say hello and admire the photo). :)

Last edited:

clbcs

Reaction score
I left the entire 11UK section intact... The only pair I wanted was 395 and it wasn't anything that I had to have.

you did not like the Oundle or did you arrive after me
smile.gif
?

clbcs

Reaction score
LIKE WOAH.
350x585px-LL-8b931805_IMG-20120718-WA0001.jpeg

9pw07q.jpg

yeah i know, shorties have all the love. I expect they benefit from the Japanese good taste, which means that at small sizes you get more interesting shoes. At 10+ you get mostly conservative shoes for the western financial/ professional type. I wish I had japanese feet

HoratioNelson

Reaction score
Gt some C&J handgrade seconds last week at 310 then heard about this 80% EG and thought i'd missed a trick.

Sounds like this isn't the case. I'm up for these events where there's a real bargain to be had, but if it costs an extra £100 or so to pop down to the shop during sales time and have a 45 minute sitting, chat about the products and their manufacture, then I'd probably do that.

Was very tempted to head down today regardless, but it sounds like too much fuss and not much to fuss over?

Last edited:

500deadlift

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Wow!  Does anyone know how the selection looked for 9.5 / 10Es?  Trying to see if I can find a friend in London to go for me.  (First post, had wanted to sign up for a while but finally had to say hello and admire the photo).  :)

9.5 / 10 wasn't too bad. Worth a visit.

clbcs

Reaction score
Gt some C&J handgrade seconds last week at 310 then heard about this 80% EG and thought i'd missed a trick.
Sounds like this isn't the case. I'm up for these events where there's a real bargain to be had, but if it costs an extra £100 or so to pop down to the shop during sales time and have a 45 minute sitting, chat about the products and their manufacture, then I'd probably do that.
Was very tempted to head down today regardless, but it sounds like too much fuss and not much to fuss over?
Come on now, there were very little handgrade seconds at £310.
£310 was the price of most benchgrades during the summer sale

That is actually why i never understood why people go for C&J handgrades- at nearly £500 RRP now- year round , when you can go to northampton -year round- and get EGs with minimal defects for £400 , and believe me there is a difference in quality.

In the last 2.5 years I have spent a lot of money on shoes but I am still price conscious.The fact that I have some 4 C&J handgrades and some 20 EGs, for which i never payed more than £400 should tell you something about what to buy

Macallan

Reaction score

That is actually why i never understood why people go for C&J handgrades- at nearly £500 RRP now- year round , when you can go to northampton -year round- and get EGs with minimal defects for £400

or get shoes for £450 at the summer and xmas sale

After xmas went to Jermyn Street; started at C&J looked at a few shoes, then went to the smaller C&J shop and realised what I knew before - time waste (at those prices). Should have gone straight to EG.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone stil planning on going and willing to proxy? I would want boots in 11.5 UK. Please PM me if you are. Thanks.

clbcs

Reaction score
or get shoes for £450 at the summer and xmas sale
After xmas went to Jermyn Street; started at C&J looked at a few shoes, then went to the smaller C&J shop and realised what I knew before - time waste (at those prices). Should have gone straight to EG.
C&J has been tremendously over hyped ( in particular in this forum) in the last ~ 3 years, associated with a huge expansion of sales outlets. There are now three C&J shops in a 200 m radius of Jermyn Street.

That means that there are no bargains to be had. C&J first stopped selling handgrades several years ago in their factory shop- so as to offload them in Jermyn street on sales. Now they almost shut down the benchgrades too.

If anyone is thinking of going to C&J's Northampton factory shop: don't .

First you will get a desperate "sausages" with a dwindling eBay shop to feed (eBay it; for the novices) , running up like a madman and grabbing up the max 4 pairs in 30 secs. After this sad spectacle you look around and it is all crapolla (£120-150); except for the very very occasional gem at £180.

The interesting question is: what is EG going to do about C&J?. Prices are narrowing fast, because of CJ handgrade price inflation despite the fact that they are not getting any better. Does EG foLlow suit and open more shops? Do they have the capital for that? Personally I hope not, but that they still remain profitable- because a tightly controlled sales channel like today's C&Js is no good for shoe aficionados

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads