1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Ilovelobbs

Ilovelobbs Well-Known Member

CRAT - where did you get those boots from??

I WANT???

2. Crat

Crat Well-Known Member

Unfortunately those aren't mine.
    I'd love to have them though; fantastic boot.

3. diglett

diglett Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link, michael. It's a shame that EG stopped producing them, but maybe things have changed since then; those posts date back to 2007.

4. chogall

chogall Well-Known Member

They did produce a batch for Ralph Lauren years back. I passed on a pair of my size. :(

JL has their aviator boots as well.

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  5. diglett

diglett Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  6. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

High boots demands special machines, tool sets etc, I guess it's too much hassle for most makers.

7. Crat

Crat Well-Known Member

I really like Reiter's hunting boots, but we ware wandering off topic.

[​IMG]

8. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Well-Known Member

http://leffot.com/

New EG model at Leffot. Those would stay in my closet even if given to me. To each their own.

9. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Well-Known Member

+1. Vastly prefer the St.C version.

10. dddrees

dddrees Well-Known Member

+2 and also prefer the SC version.

11. chogall

chogall Well-Known Member

Getting too #menswear #pitti instead of classic British/EG look.

12. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Well-Known Member

John Lobb (Northampton) produced these boots in 2008, and had them in the catalogue just for one season.

I agree: laces, straps with 'Sam Browne studs' and a zip on top of it is a bit of overkill.

13. Fiddler

Fiddler Well-Known Member

This is so bizarre. Had ordered a MTO Bamford fm EG a few months ago. They took a deposit and after 2 months wrote to say they had 'technical difficulties' producing the shoe and they could either make something else or refund my deposit. They also couldn't say when the technical difficulties would be resolved. I chose the refund. Now I see on the Leffot link above a Bamford in tobacco suede listed as an MTO dated May 2013. Fucked if I know what's going on.

Anyway, I ended up purchasing a whole cut loafer from Justin Shoe Snob at his low introductory price of 235 quid. The Bamford would most likely be better finished, slightly better materials but the dumbasses at EG saved me 500 pounds.

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  14. Bic Pentameter

Bic Pentameter Well-Known Member

I visited the Edward Green shop in Jermyn Street two weeks ago and asked about the Bamford. I was told that there were problems with the design of the Bamford and that they would not be making any more until the problem was corrected.

Bic Pentameter

15. Frank the sheep

Frank the sheep Well-Known Member

I wouldn't even waste closet space :)

However glad that there is a wide range of models to choose from even if it's not for me.

16. Fiddler

Fiddler Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting....I was wondering what kind of problem it might be as the design looks really simple to me. BUt they wouldn't say.

I was just surprised to see a Bamford MTO posted on Leffots site dated 16 May 2013...that suggests it might have been ordered sometime in January 2013. But how is that possible if EG arent making Bamfords any more?

17. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

great collection

18. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Well-Known Member

19. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Well-Known Member

Excellent collection. That's getting close to Aportnoy (okay, maybe not THAT close...). I do have mixed feelings when I pick up shoes from other makers since EGs fit me excellently. However, I really don't need any more... unless someone is heading to Northampton for the factory sale!!!

:slayer:

Maybe i should inventory my few pairs for a show and tell.

20. cwh812

cwh812 Well-Known Member

Thanks. It had been some time since I posted those. In the mean time I've actually parted with #'s 1 and 6 (sold on SF and eBay). 2, 3 and 4 are currently being recrafted at EG. Very excited to see the results in a couple months. I've picked up a pair of Ullswaters in Mahogany country calf (202), Cadogans in mink suede (82), Shannons in coffee suede (82), Pimlicos in dark oak (100), Sandringham golf shoes in Chestnut and Maple (202), Malverns in Chestnut (202) and Dovers in dark oak (606). I also have another pair of Westministers on order in Coffee suede (888). When I get my redrafts back and the Westministers I'll post everything again.

BTW, I'm nowhere near aportnoy - my closet (nor my wallet) just does not have the capacity.