• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eBay Question

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sold a boxed set, audiobook on CD, and shipped them to the buyer and got the money no problem. She just sent me a message saying she can't play them on any CD players she has, and wants me to refund her (my auction stated no refunds) and pay for her to ship back the CDs.

I want the money, don't want the CDs, but I don't want trouble with eBay or PayPal. I know the discs work because I've played them on a CD player I own and I uploaded the discs onto my laptop. Thanks for the help!

What is my best course of action? What is likely to happen if she files a complaint to eBay?

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She either burned the CDs already or regrets purchasing them. Put your money into your bank account and tell her to **** off.

Logan

Reaction score
Tell her tough ****, you stated no refunds. What else could you have done? She probably copied them and is trying to return them.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If she opens a case with eBay is it likely they'll side with her and take the money out of my PayPal account? If so, do I have to close my account entirely because it's linked to a bank account?

Luke Banks

Reaction score
How long after you shipped the item did she message you claiming they were broken?

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Luke Banks
How long after you shipped the item did she message you claiming they were broken?

I shipped on Tuesday, April 5th and she messaged me today.

antsshoes

Reaction score
As an ebay seller, I can tell you that unless you can prove the buyer wrong, you're screwed. It's almost always hard to prove them wrong, too. Ebay seems to have lost touch of who THEIR true customer is. It's the seller. The buyer is not their customer.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lurker[1].gif

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antsshoes
As an ebay seller, I can tell you that unless you can prove the buyer wrong, you're screwed. It's almost always hard to prove them wrong, too. Ebay seems to have lost touch of who THEIR true customer is. It's the seller. The buyer is not their customer.

Would having the files, perfectly playable, on my computer constitute proof?

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're in the right, but it doesn't matter.

If she opens a case, or eaves feedback they'll side with her.

Ebay sucks.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So whats stopping me from just ordering a DVD, say it doesnt play, burn it, and opening a case. There has to be more to it.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
So whats stopping me from just ordering a DVD, say it doesnt play, burn it, and opening a case. There has to be more to it.

+1

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin

Happens at least 100x a day, I would guess.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
tell the buyer to fukk off...

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there some irony here that it sounds like the girls is doing what the OP did? Buy, burn, recoup cost?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads