1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Eating lunch at work is lame, what should I do?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Skip87, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Window

Window Well-Known Member

Crawl under your desk, eat, read high fantasy books, play ambient music.

Yanni works well for that sort of thing.

2. unowho

unowho New Member

You guys make me laugh...I think finding a nice bench or a outdoors cafe sounds so nice. Taking a walk after lunch will be even nicer.

3. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

You guys make me laugh...I think finding a nice bench or a outdoors cafe sounds so nice. Taking a walk after lunch will be even nicer.
    I really enjoy walks during lunch in spring/summer. Unfortunately, I rarely have time to do this.

4. furo

furo Well-Known Member

I usually leave for lunch around 11am and get back at 12:20pm or so. I eat lunch with my wife almost every other day (since she has classes on the off days)

We eat somewhere locally and either buy there or she brings it to me from home (which is what I'm trying to do more to save money and eat better)

5. IUtoSLU

IUtoSLU Well-Known Member

I go to a coffee shop and read while I eat and sip tea if I feel like I need to get away.

6. Kris

Kris Well-Known Member

Eat a whole wheat bagel with chives and hummous at your desk, then slip into something more comfortable, then go outside and do tai chi in front of the building. At the next staff meeting, offer (with strong hummous/chive breath) to give tai chi lessons to anyone who's interested.

7. NoStyle14

NoStyle14 Well-Known Member

Eat lunch at desk and then go for walk around building and have a nice smoke. Great stress reliever.

8. celery

celery Well-Known Member

Two pages and no "Lunch is for wimps."?

9. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

^^^Unfortunately, I didn't have time for lunch today. [​IMG]

10. furo

furo Well-Known Member

Today I couldn't eat with the wife so ate a homemade turkey sandwich at the desk. It makes the day so much longer when I sit here this much! [​IMG]

11. cozilla

cozilla Active Member

I always buy my food at teh grocery store and store it in the break room fridge. I then make a sandwich and take a walk for 30-40 minutes.

12. mtsoccer4

mtsoccer4 Well-Known Member

Making your own lunch has its advantages: you can eat what you want, and you can eat healthy. Typically the cheaper option as well. However, the variety is crap once you reach the week's end, and face it, it's boring.

I love eating out, but with only a half hour's time, it becomes very difficult to eat well. Most healthy places aren't necessarily fast. It can get expensive, so find a place near your office that is your go-to: cheap, semi-healthy, but delicious. I'm wishing you good luck with that one.

13. Burzum

Burzum Active Member

I thought this was style forum....

Make a fancy picnic lunch...with cavier, champagne (non alcoholic since it's in the work place), asparagus and sour cream all the fancy stuff and put a picnic cloth on your table and act like it's your own VIP stand!

Style and profile...

14. abeja_reina_1989

abeja_reina_1989 Member

Well, you can sit in your car or you can go home if you have enough time. Maybe go somewhere with friends?

15. Hangdog

Hangdog Well-Known Member

16. XenoX101

XenoX101 Well-Known Member

Make a mobile lunch (sandwich, roll, wrap, something you can walk with) and go for a stroll around the block, not only will the lunch keep you healthy but the exercise will do you good. If you ride to work you could even go for a quick cycle.

17. Monaco

Monaco Well-Known Member

Do what everyone else says but find a co-worker to partake in your outdoor lunches with you, socializing is a great way to unwind, just don't discuss company politics! If there is a nice lush green patch of grass outside, lay down a blanket under a shady tree and take a nice nap. I used to love naps during lunch breaks.

18. holybich

holybich Well-Known Member

ever heard of the Warrior Diet?

19. Enforcicon

Enforcicon Active Member

I used to eat lunch at my desk, but I'd always end up working through my lunch. Then I tried going out for lunch, but then people ask me to pick up stuff for them. [​IMG] Now I just walk around for an hour, or hang out at the local bookstore. I rarely eat lunch (or breakfast for that matter) anymore.

20. Skip87

Skip87 Well-Known Member

I rarely eat lunch (or breakfast for that matter) anymore.

This sounds horrible.