• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Easy for a tailor to replicate shirt fit?

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my shirts back from Janzten and they are slightly loose in terms of taper, armholes, and sleeve. I would like to get them tailored but dont really live next to anywhere where I can find a reputable tailor with reviews.

I want the shirt to replicate a fit of my other shirt. I dont think its major alterations, just as I said above. I was wondering how hard this would be in general to give me a rough estimate before I make the trip out there.

Thanks!

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can do a lot with shirts in terms of sliming them down but it may be virtually impossible to get them just like the shirts you like. Depends how particular you are. Expect the alterations to be maybe 40-50 per shirt.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like you just want a bit taken in here and there. Most of that is very simple to do, simple enough to do at home. Someone started a thread about this some months ago detailing the steps to get it done.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can never exactly replicate as each manufacturer does thing its own way, but reasonable approximations are certainly possible.

LanceW

Reaction score
Shirt A to fit like shirt B is just going to frustrated both of you. Determine what you actually want in a way that can be measured. Then go visit an alterations tailor.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My case is that I got my shirts custom made internationally and the tailor basically didnt fix my other 5 shirts after second fitting, which fits perfectly, so I want it in the 2nd fitting fit.

40-50$ a shirt? Hmm, I guess Ill just go and and tell him what I need, I thought those were pretty basic alterations.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads