1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

East Sicily Tailors

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by UrbanComposition, May 27, 2016.

1. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Well-Known Member

I like the tobacco fresco with light brown/oatmeal/off-white pents. (These might look grey-ish, depending on your screen but they're in the family described.)

[​IMG]

The 3-piece idea sounds good, but I'd stick with a suit and not try to use a jacket in that shade as a sport coat. The color sounds nice but like suiting to me.

2 people like this.
  2. Thin White Duke

Thin White Duke Well-Known Member

@UC yeah the way your lapels roll right now looks great, totally get the 'three dimensional' look you're describing - I prefer this over the hard-rolled to two Mr Six version posted below yours.

@Mr Six, but don't be mad, yours is still a classy look. Again it might be my phone but the strides look gray to me in that pic. I do agree that off white / oatmeal strides would be a good suggestion to shake things up. I just got the lower budget version of this rig - SS suit in brown (tobacco-ish!) linen. It has patch pockets so fits the blazersuit description much beloved on SS and I already have some off white linen strides I can pair the jacket with, but brown is new to me so I love looking at these pics to get inspiration for what I might wear with it. Is there something up with your shoulders or did you go for camica and it just hasn't settled yet?

I'm also curious what shoes you wore. I saw pics of Vox in brown suit with chilli shoes and UC has burgundy in his pic. I have chili captoes, #8 shell longwings, burgundy punch caps and burgundy Chelseas any of which would work but I reckon the chili captoes and the Chelseas will be the best options.

Anyway thanks to you both for sharing great pics and inspirations! Should get mine back from being tweaked at the tailor not week so looking forward to trying it out.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  3. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Well-Known Member

I prefer 3/2 but it's a matter of taste. I wore mid-brown derbys there. I wouldn't do burgundy with off-white/light brown/oatmeal trousers. Snuff suede would be good too. I like burgundy/oxblood with the tobacco fresco pents.

4. bry2000

bry2000 Well-Known Member

Black shoes look really good with suits in the brown family.

5. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

Fantabulous. I like my tobacco with snuff and burgundy. UC's StC are perfect.

6. Thin White Duke

Thin White Duke Well-Known Member

Yeah good call. With the full suit I could choose burgundy but if worn with cream strides you're right chilli or snuff would be better. I have snuff suede punch caps. Can't wait to get it back now.

7. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Well-Known Member

Picture is out of focus, sleeves are wonky, and it was the end of an entire day being in this suit. Oh well; here it is anyway, for posterity.
    [​IMG]

17 people like this.
  8. chobochobo

chobochobo Well-Known Member

Looks good. More importantly, how does it feel?

9. UrbanComposition

While not tight, it does feel very close to the back. I still have plenty of mobility. I was very aware of it at first, but by the end of the day I had forgotten about it. Next time I'll ask for slight shoulder extension and a touch more room in the upper back.
    The more I wear it, the more I prefer the drape of Arrigo's jackets. I asked Palmisciano if he knew about drape (drappeggio, piega, etc) and he replied that if I'd like more room in the chest he'd be happy to do so. Not sure if he had never heard of it, or if he simply equates drape with roominess.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  10. chobochobo

Oh, that reminds me, Arrigo and his wife paid particular attention to the armholes which were cut pretty high.

11. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

12. UrbanComposition

Forgot to robo-pose, but here's a shot of the jacket from Palmisciano that had zero fittings, based solely on measurements and fittings from the brown fresco jacket.
    [​IMG]

18 people like this.
  13. chobochobo

Looks great. Though the upper chest gives the impression that it could be snug if you inhaled too deeply. Shoulders seem a bit less 'relaxed'?

14. UrbanComposition

Chest has far less drape than Arrigo's. It's not tight, but it is very lean. I prefer somewhere in between the two.

15. Anden

Anden Well-Known Member

Very very nice!

16. chobochobo

17. Hifilover

Hifilover Well-Known Member

What fabric is it ?

18. chobochobo

19. sprout2

sprout2 Well-Known Member