1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Earnest Sewn Jacket - pic

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Tarmac, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Tarmac

Tarmac Well-Known Member

Any opinions of this? A bit too processed?

[​IMG]

2. Martinis at 8

Martinis at 8 Well-Known Member

If it's just wear for knocking around and being comfortable, okay, but it certainly doesn't convey a "style". Therefore, I would say that I do not find it to be acceptable attire.

M8

3. tangerine

tangerine Well-Known Member

I think the honeycombs at the wrists is a little much, but the multiple-placket front is what ruins it for me. I find it too fussy. I wouldn't laugh at someone for wearing it, though.

4. Arethusa

Arethusa Well-Known Member

I like the honeycombing at the wrists, actually. It's the bland, boxy shape compounded by the weird pleating at the front that makes it look like a a grotesque denim tuxedo shirt. Some good ideas, and the color looks pretty good, but overall, I don't like it.

5. Flame

Flame Well-Known Member

I would wear it, if the lapels were more proportional, better fit at the chest and if those hideously long sleeves were shortened.

6. sphoxx

sphoxx Member

Saw it at the Earnest Cut and Sew in chelsea, looks great in person. Nice denim, really soft and broken in. Not my steez but if you can pull it off it's a great jacket.