1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Earnest Sewn Fulton Patriot

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by DGP, Oct 16, 2006.

1. itr452

itr452 Member

i have both patriots and rrds's, my rrds's have stretched out 2 inches..my patriots after 8 months stretched about inch and a lil bit..washed it and it was all good

now if only i can find a nice pair of detox's or line drys

2. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

3. blank

blank Well-Known Member

Finally, FINALLY have these (ES Fulton Patriot) coming in a 33W.

How much will these shrink after wash? Could I get them hemmed right away or should I wait until after washing them a first time?

4. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Well-Known Member

Finally, FINALLY have these (ES Fulton Patriot) coming in a 33W.

How much will these shrink after wash? Could I get them hemmed right away or should I wait until after washing them a first time?

mine shrank negligibly, if at all. A little stiff pulling them on, perfect within minutes. I haven't had them hememd yet (I'm rocking lots of stacking PLUS 3 inch cuffs. niiiice), but I think you're safe to have them hemmed to right where you want, or a quarter inch longer if you wanna hedge your bets.

5. blank

blank Well-Known Member

Thanks, Joel. Neither stacking nor three-inch cuffs work for me (though I'm sure you pull it off!) so I'll wear them a bit and get them hemmed. Probably bring my 5EP Resins, too. Going on 2 months of wear, so I wanted to wash them and get them hemmed.

6. Joel_Cairo

Thanks, Joel. Neither stacking nor three-inch cuffs work for me

Oh me neither, Ive just been too lazy to get them hemmed the way I like as of yet.

(though I'm sure you pull it off!)

not really.

7. slipgun

slipgun Well-Known Member

I haven't had them hememd yet (I'm rocking lots of stacking PLUS 3 inch cuffs. niiiice)

And the knee distressing isn't off? Being a 30" inseam too, I wasn't sure about buying predistressed much longer than that.

8. Joel_Cairo

And the knee distressing isn't off? Being a 30" inseam too, I wasn't sure about buying predistressed much longer than that.

there isnt any distressing at all on mine. They just say "Fulton No. 53", so I'm not sure if they are technically Patriots.

9. GWHiZiTSPHiL

GWHiZiTSPHiL Well-Known Member

i think i bought these today at the warehouse sample sale in la. they're half selvage but they don't have those pre-creases. seems fully dry to me, similar to the 514 raw. $80.

EDIT: I just checked the inside they are the Fulton #50 Line Dry. However, I don't see any pre-creases or wrinkles like the ones i've seen in pictures of previous members. it looks just dry to me. should i treat these as such (ie. not washing for a few months)? also, anyone know the retail price for these?

10. slipgun

slipgun Well-Known Member

Check the official website for retail prices. You can get it online for $100, tho. scoopnyc had the 53 in my size for $90 last week, should've grabbed it.

11. Joel_Cairo

i think i bought these today at the warehouse sample sale in la. they're half selvage but they don't have those pre-creases. seems fully dry to me, similar to the 514 raw. $80.

mine certainly have the texture of dry jeans, but that can be faked. I have two pairs, one I soaked (and it responded like dry, loosing that sheen and getting stiff) the other I machine washed (and it responded like normal, prewashed, sanforized jeans, as in no shrinking that wasn't undone in 2 minutes of wear) so I really have no idea.

12. GWHiZiTSPHiL

GWHiZiTSPHiL Well-Known Member

i'm fairly confident these are dry, but i have a couple of concerns.

#1. They only had the pair in my true-size, 30. meaning they fit absolutely perfectly around my waist. Should I be worried about these stretching?

#2. I don't know if these are even sanforized, do these shrink?

13. bsyde82

bsyde82 Well-Known Member

anyone know how the patriot wash compares to the mcqueen? and if its more rigid? i like the mcqueen but its a little soft...

also, is hte patriot half selvage like the mcqueen?

btw...i currently have a size 30...which i can close but im guessing it'll cause discomfort if i sit for a long time...keep or size up?