• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eames Lounge Chair copies... worth it?

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's illegal to sell knock offs in most northern european countries including the UK, from a couple months ago.

iamacyborg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My client is fairly large nationally, so I doubt they'd risk selling a product that's in direct breach of the law.

twistoffat

Reaction score
Unless they use a subsidiary company to do the official selling. Also many of the fakes relating to fake furniture are produced in Italy where there is a loophole in the law that they have up till now been unable to close. I don´t know how many sellers of fakes I´ve seen come and go. They just keep opening up under a new name until they are closed again.

Stonedogg

Reaction score
Hey edinatlanta, Is this how you welcome a new member? I see that good manners are not your strong suite!

caseshubiao

Reaction score
good,It's like a knock-off watch, you're better off with a real timex than a fake rolex. Sure you get something that looks the part, but it's missing the craftsmanship and ingenuity that went into crafting the real thing.
O2cpgJ

Last edited:

NonChalant321

Reaction score
I bought the Eames knockoff from Barcelona Designs (same company as Manhattan Home Design). I regret getting it. It's not nearly as comfortable as the Herman Miller one (my friend has one so I compared). It looks close enough, and sure you might as well keep the ottoman, but it doesn't envelope you in like the real thing. How can I put it - it's not as cushy. Worse yet, the top part of the back rest feels like it's jutting out just a little too much so that your shoulders are pushed forward in an unnatural position. Unfortunately, their return policy makes it quite difficult to return. It ends up costing you so much that you figure you might as well keep the chair and get used to it. It has become more the guest chair now. If you're going to go with a comfortable knockoff lounge chair, I say get the Stressless for now. It's much more comfortable and way more affordable. Put the amount you'll save towards eventually getting the real Eames.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How comfortable is the Eames Lounge Chair for a tall person for an extended time like watching a a football game?

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The hm version comes in two sizes vintage and contemporary.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads