1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

E. Zegna for Saks. Different than E. Zegna with no Sak label?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manhappenin, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Manhappenin

Manhappenin Well-Known Member

Just wondering what the significance of the "made for Saks" label is. I picked up a couple of for ~65% off today ($1100 and $900). Wondering if I should be worried/know about anything?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  2. Manhappenin

my bumps, my bumps my bumps my bumps.

3. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

there has been a lot of posts over the years about this but anyway..............

A pic of the label would lead to a definitive answer but if you are talking about a Saks labeled suit with a separate label for Ermenegildo Zegna fabric ("tessuto"), then there is a difference. If you are talking about a suit labeled Ermenegildo Zegna for Saks, then there is no difference between that and a Zegna suit (not taking into consideration the different quality levels/country of manufacture of Zegna).

4. Manhappenin

Thanks. It's definitely a mainline zegna, not just the fabric (I accidentally purchased one of those before).

5. Cary Greezy

Cary Greezy Member

Wait, so instead of a crappily-made suit with Zegna cloth, this is a Zegna suit with crappily made cloth?

I am totally confused.

If you post the label, you'll have an answer in a jiffy.

6. Manhappenin

Ha sorry I was not clear. It is a mainline zegna in every way as far as i can tell (construction and fabric) with a Saks Fifth Avenue label in additon to the normal Zegna label stitched on the inside, purchased a regular Saks store. I was just curious is the "Made For Saks" is of any significance with respect to the quality of the garmet.

7. Cary Greezy

Cary Greezy Member

No. "Made for Saks" is just a way for Saks to get its name in the garment. I have a solid navy Canali suit that says "Canali for Mitchells of Westport" (http://mitchellstores.com/) on the inside of the coat and the suit is a Canali in every possible way - it just also says Mitchells. I think you can be confident that the suit is a standard Zegna make.

8. jeff13007

jeff13007 Well-Known Member

I would like to say no because some brands will do that like "Brioni for Saks/Neiman marcus/Bergdorf goodman" and its essentially the same thing. They might have fabrics/patterns that are exclusive to the particular store but in general they are the same. Zegna I'm not so sure though because I've only ever seen a plain "Ermengildo Zegna" even on the items at saks. But like the above posters have said if you post a label we can figure it out