1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by davesmith, Feb 21, 2012.

1. WillingToLearn

WillingToLearn Well-Known Member

Lousy indoor pic on a dark rainy day. Blue is from @heldentenor group buy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bonus Shot - Yesterday

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. ny3pcg

ny3pcg Well-Known Member

Great looking ties. Any chance you have the model numbers for the orange tie and blue one in your second post?

3. WillingToLearn

Lousy pic, it is actually burgundy, a challis. He has a small selection of Challis, try there, but I am pretty sure it is sold out, sorry to say.

4. PSNY

PSNY Well-Known Member

Hoe does one take part in these group buys?

5. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

Keep an eye on the thread. Someone who really wants to make an order but doesn't have enough for free shipping eventually decides they are willing to lead the buy and asks for people to jump in.

1 person likes this.
  6. PSNY

PSNY Well-Known Member

Thanks, will do.

7. PSNY

PSNY Well-Known Member

Do you recall which site the photo at the top was taken from? I have been looking for that pattern for quite a while, I am a bit late to the party, but its beautiful.

Also the following are beautiful, I will have to email Patrizio, and see if he has those still. The photos are from earlier this year I believe from @gusvs9 on Instagram
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. heldentenor

heldentenor Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  9. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Well-Known Member

Here is a pic of this seasons version of that blue silk twill medallion Drakes had last f/w. Patrizio got it in challis and silk twill last year. He did silk twill again and I think the green is the same as above but the blue now has a darker medallion, less sky blue. I have both of last years twill silk versions and wear the green in fall and blue in spring. This seasons blue seems better for fall, less bright imparting a madderish vibe. I think it is the one Helden linked to. Oh and two more challis.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  10. WillingToLearn

These may be re of low value to the thread, but since Patrizio's photos on the site can be tough sometimes, I thought I'd share what he sent. As an FYI, i asked him for "I am looking for a deep navy cashmere/wool tie, perhaps with a herringbone or some slight pattern. Could you send me some photos of pc199, pc196, pc122, and J5, and any others you might recommend?"

I sent it Saturday evening EST and had a response with photos waiting in my inbox Sunday morning. That is crazy good (and probably a bit of a fluke).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As an FYI, I am leaning towards the far left one on the top or the middle two of the 4 wide below. I realize the middle right is not a deep navy, but it looks damn good. I have asked for photos in teh sun, still a bit tough with these darker colors to make a final decision. I welcome input.

If i settle on one, i am happy to captain a group order for those that missed out on @heldentenor 's.

1 person likes this.
  11. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Well-Known Member

He will send you a few swatches and thats the best way to be certain. Even sunlit photos can be difficult in respect of nailing actual color especially along the lightness spectrum. One thing I have done is to ask him to take a photo of a fabric against a tie fabric I already own but again this is mostly to gauge lightness/darkness. I say swatches.

12. suitntieguy

suitntieguy Well-Known Member

If you do I'll order a few. I missed out on the last one because my PM never actually sent.

1 person likes this.
  13. WillingToLearn

S an FYI, he is recommending K2 for a navy plain cashmere/wool. Was not willing to send swatches, which i understand. PM me this week with what you all want if you want in on a group buy - i need 3 ties in addition to my navy to get free shipping.

14. Cleav

Cleav Well-Known Member

today

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  15. PCK1

PCK1 Well-Known Member

@WillingToLearn

An older Cappelli wool/cashmere herringbone. Not sure if he still stocks this one...its my go to fall/winter navy tie.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    4 people like this.
  16. WillingToLearn

Thank you, that is perfect, exactly what i was after. I fear that my being pretty particular about the shade - I do not want a light navy nor a midnight navy and the logistical challenges of Patrizio's photography/language/ability to send swatches may drive me to Hober. I have a swatch order in with Hober for like 6 different navy wool variations. I'll email Patrizio these photos and see what he says. Cappelli is my first choice, but a single tie order of a dark tie (where the deficiency of his photos is most challenging) may force me elsewhere.

17. ny3pcg

ny3pcg Well-Known Member

By any chance does cappelli offer swatches like hober? I love my hober ties, however, cappelli looks like he offers a lot of different neat patterns that hober does not have. Unfortunately I also can't get a good idea of the true colors/shades of cappelli's ties based on the website pics which is why I've been hesitant to order any.

18. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Well-Known Member

I'm usually the last person to chastise another for asking an already answered question, but this question was actually answered ON THIS CURRENT PAGE lol.

Yes.

19. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

But that doesn't answer the question. Does Cappelli offer swatches?

20. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Well-Known Member

Quote: He will send you a few swatches and that's the best way to be certain...at the top of the page.

That seems to be a rather definitive answer...unless I am missing something.