1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by davesmith, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Agnelli413

Agnelli413 Well-Known Member

Nice selection, indeed!

2. Balfour

Balfour Well-Known Member

I wanted to pass on a good news story.

I ordered three ties online from Patrizio. The quality was exceptional, but I noted that the interlining used was thicker than is my preference. (This is of course a matter of taste, but my preference is for very supple / soft). I mentioned this to Patrizio to see if this could be sorted out for future orders. He immediately volunteered to remake the ties with softer interlining, at no cost to me. They arrived today. I do not write many recommendations on Style Forvm (in fact this may be my first), but I could not be more impressed with the service I received.

1 person likes this.
  3. RDiaz

RDiaz Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm impressed. Service is great per se, but that is just amazing.

1 person likes this.
  4. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Well-Known Member

Want. Need. Must have the tie showing above the "Twill silk tie" section http://www.patriziocappelli.it/catalog/index.php

I've browsed through the twill ties three times, but can't manage to find it. Anyone want to help out on this one? It looks perfect to my eyes: toned down, muted and sublime. Thanks.

5. coolpapa

coolpapa Well-Known Member

Just copy the pic and email it to Patrizio and ask him if he has any more of the ties or of the silk.

6. jrd617

jrd617 Well-Known Member

I should have 5x Cappelli's to post here Wednesday :slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

3 people like this.
  7. jrd617

jrd617 Well-Known Member

Fresh off the plane from Napoli

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  8. jrd617

jrd617 Well-Known Member

I have to say, I prefer the "house shape" of these Cappelli's ties compared to Hober's.

I ordered ties from both Cappelli and Hober in the same overall dimensions. (3.35 x 58)

However, the Cappelli ties have more taper towards the skinny end, which I prefer. You end up with a thinner knot. (Next time I'll ask for this modification from Hober)

1 person likes this.
  9. DonRaphael

First of all, fabolous ties.

As for the dimensions, I usually purchase my ties 3,55" from Cappelli. I like the shape so much that I asked for the same dimensions on my first Hober order. So I'm not familiar with Hober's house style. But for comparisons sake, would you mind measuring both your Cappelli and Hober ties at the following points from the wide end:
    15", 18", 23" and 26".

That should provide a good view of the tapering.

10. jrd617

jrd617 Well-Known Member

Here's a 3-way comparison between a Hober, Cappelli and a Marinella. Should give you a sense of the taper. The Hober has a significantly less tapered blade. The Cappelli and the Marinella have more or less the same taper.

Hober
    Widest: 3.35
    15 inch up tie: 2.8
    30 inch up tie: 1.5

Cappelli
    15 inch up tie: 2.5
    30 inch up tie: 1.3

Marinella

15 inch up tie: 2.5
    30 inch up tie: 1.3

It's probably good that I have ties in both tapers. The Hober's are more suited to wider spread collars on account of the thicker knot. The Cappelli's/Marinella's are better for button down collars where you want a thinner knot.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  11. DonRaphael

Thanks jrd617. I will take this into consideration.

12. tdude

tdude Well-Known Member

Great tie choices! I have every one of those on my list for Cappelli as well. Perfect case of preferences being personal. I altered my last order from Cappelli to add width down the blade to make a more substantial knot than the house cut.

13. NickInTO

NickInTO Well-Known Member

My first Cappelli. Love the silk, love the knot it makes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. jrd617

jrd617 Well-Known Member

Another drop shipment from Napoli!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  15. hrv123

hrv123 Well-Known Member

Is the shipping still 50 euros?

16. coolpapa

coolpapa Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever paid fifty euros.

17. The False Prophet

The False Prophet Well-Known Member

35 Euro, I believe. So maybe around $50?

Just quietly, can anyone confirm whether the 'Outlet' ties are seconds? On some of the pictures, it looks as if there could be a printing error in the silk. Although it may simply be bad photography, I didn't notice this in the non-Outlet offerings.

18. jrd617

jrd617 Well-Known Member

I dont think so. I think they're just old silks he's looking to clearout

19. tdude

tdude Well-Known Member

i don't know why I think this, maybe someone told me, but I think they're already made up. some of the silks are available in both the outlet section and at full price. I don't think they are seconds. I have some from the outlet and haven't noticed any defects

20. The False Prophet

The False Prophet Well-Known Member

I ha the impression that they're already made up, yes. Either customer returns or maybe even overstocks from retailers or something like that.

But it was a couple of wonky pics on the website that got me worried. Will post links when I'm on a computer instead of phone.