1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Dunhill Suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by cmpatti, Apr 20, 2006.

1. cmpatti

cmpatti Member

Can anyone comment on the construction/quality/fit of Alfred Dunhill suits and jackets?

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

Nice - I have two Dunhill RTW tuxedos that are nice. The shoulders are quite soft and I like the fit. They are canvased and good quality. My only complaint is that they sometimes put working buttonholes on the RTW sleeves (and cut the sleeves rather long for me) which obviously causes problems.

3. whoopee

whoopee Well-Known Member

My father has some Dunhill clothes. Fit must be assessed on a case to case basis - they do him well. The quality seems commensurate with the maker, who I believe is Zegna now.

4. whnay.

whnay. Well-Known Member

I have both RTW and MTM Dunhill garments and have been pleased with both, the MTM especially. Richard James has been designing the firms new line since 2004 and Zenga indeed continues to make the suits.

Overall, you wont be dissapointed.

5. chorse123

chorse123 Well-Known Member

I think Dunhill does two lines of RTW, or at least the garments I've seen have either been exceptional, or just okay. The exceptional ones are lovely. I tried to sell one here a while ago, and had no takers:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=12405

6. thinman

thinman Well-Known Member

I own one Dunhill navy blazer, bought at Saks Off 5th, that doesn't quite fit me, so I need to put it up for sale. Construction is amazing with soft shoulders, full canvas, *lots* of hand stitching, basted sleeves for working buttons, terrific blood red/black lining (retail price was $1095). Amazing quality and looks great on my brother, who has a more muscular build than I do.

I was under the impression that St. Andrews makes for Dunhill, though(?).

7. skalogre

skalogre Well-Known Member

A month or so ago I saw at a Saks Off Fifth a light gray, pinstriped Dunhill suit. Soft shoulders, full canvas, very very nice fit on me. Very nice gentle shoulder shape, too. Unfortunately I don't have 600.00 to drop on a suit right now (and neither a need for it) but it looked really really nice. Made me reconsider a bit my fondness for Corneliani, I must say. I would have grabbed it on the spot if I had extra $$$.

8. chorse123

chorse123 Well-Known Member

I own one Dunhill navy blazer, bought at Saks Off 5th, that doesn't quite fit me, so I need to put it up for sale. Construction is amazing with soft shoulders, full canvas, *lots* of hand stitching, basted sleeves for working buttons, terrific blood red/black lining (retail price was $1095). Amazing quality and looks great on my brother, who has a more muscular build than I do.

I was under the impression that St. Andrews makes for Dunhill, though(?).

It isn't by any chance a 38R, is it? If so, PM me!

9. thinman

thinman Well-Known Member

It isn't by any chance a 38R, is it? If so, PM me!
    Sorry, it's a 40L. Darkoak PM'd me long ago about it, when I was unsure about whether or not to give it to my brother. I need to see if he's still interested.

10. darkoak

darkoak Well-Known Member

Thinman, thanks, I was just curious about the sizing.

11. johnapril

johnapril Well-Known Member

I thought Cifonelli was doing some of the Dunhill work.

12. aportnoy

aportnoy Well-Known Member

I thought Cifonelli was doing some of the Dunhill work.

Isn't Cifonelli RTW made by Nervesa?