1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Dry cleaner botched a 3/2 roll linen blazer - what to do?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Flashbang, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Flashbang

Flashbang Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm currently living in Beijing, and I have a Loro Piana 3/2 roll linen blazer that I was really looking forward to getting to wear in the coming heat.

It was in need of a cleaning due to a rather unpleasant experience with a previous roommate, so I brought it into the cleaner in my apt complex and thought nothing of it.

But when I got it back, I saw that they had pressed the lapel to the top button.

I read a thread on AAAC which suggested using a steam iron inside out, but I don't own one and would prefer not to buy one.

What approach should I take here? Can I get it corrected by a professional without damaging the garment?

2. breakaway01

breakaway01 Well-Known Member

Shouldn't be a big problem. I'd ask the LP store in Beijing. They should be able to repress it themselves or give you a recommendation on where to get it repressed.