1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

DROPS: Unstructured DB Light Navy Sport Coat - Angelo Nardelli: Slim 38-40

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by maineratheart, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maineratheart

maineratheart Well-Known Member

For sale here are two unstructured pieces that will be perfect for the coming seasons. Shipping to the CONUS only and all sales are final. Please pm with questions or offers.

1) Angelo Nardelli 1951 "Hydro" Cotton Unstructured Double Breasted Blazer - This is a very nice piece and has a ton of great details including patch side pockets, barchetta breast pocket, pick-stitching, double vents, slim fit, working cuffs, etc. Only selling because I recently purchased a couple more DBs and don't have room in the closet for this one. The color is in between a navy and and air force blue and is very versatile. I have had the waist brought in and the sleeves shortened. I would put Nardelli's quality right between LBM and Boglioli - this stuff is definitely quality. Could use a good pressing.
    -Made in Italy
    -Tagged size 50/40/Drop 6 - has been slimmed down to fit a slim 40 or a standard 38R
    -Worn 3 times
    -Measurements:
    Shoulders: 18.5"
    Chest: 19.5"
    Sleeves: 24.25" (working cuffs)
    Length: 29.25" BOC
    Price: $275>$250 shipped
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2) Troglodyte Homunculus Unstructured Mid Grey Suit - This is a great slim suit that I picked up here on SF and never really wore. Troglodyte Homunculus was an offshoot of NYC brand Seize Sur Vingt. It is a lightweight wool fabric and has hacking pockets, pick-stitching, working cuffs, and a single back vent. Pants are slim fitting and have a two inch cuff and a unique pocket detail near the front right side pocket. I bought it to wear as a sport coat, and the pants were an added bonus - it works great as either a sc or suit and is in excellent condition. It is completely unstructured and is extremely comfortable - will just keep if it doesn't sell
    -Fits a slim 38R.
    Price: SOLD

Jacket
    Shoulders: 18"
    Length: 28.5" BOC
    Sleeves: 24.5"
    Chest: 19"

Pants
    length - 30" with 2" cuff
    Thigh: 10"
    Knee: 8.5"
    LO: 7.5"
    Waist: 16"

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  2. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Well-Known Member

3. PTVA

PTVA Active Member

I assume you miss-typed. What is the waste size? Thank you.

4. maineratheart

The waist of the pants is 16" across, or perfect for a size 32. thanks

5. chiggafied

chiggafied Well-Known Member

Sent you a PM last week with no response. I'm usually a 38R and I like my sport coats cut close to the body. I've an athletic build, around 154lbs and 5'9" tall. Would this fit me well?

6. hyt123

hyt123 Well-Known Member

He's done his job by listing measurements. Now you need to go get yours done so you can figure out the answer on your own. 5'9" and 154 is next to meaningless.

7. maineratheart

Sorry sir! Was about to respond with an estimate, but then this thing sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.