1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

+ DRIES VAN NOTEN +

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Parker, Feb 27, 2014.

1. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

Dries "Kirke" tux. Sized wrong but ordered a bigger one. If anyone wants this I'll let it go for an SF price. It's a 50 but fits slim, best for a 48. 17" shoulders, 20.75" chest.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  2. drtchock

drtchock Well-Known Member

Hi guys, I'm looking for a men's Dries Van Noten waistcoat vest. I know there's some with embelishments and applique designs (lobsters etc) but I'm after a cleaner one similar to the ones pictured with the white neckline.

Anyone have one they're looking to sell or know where I can get one? Size IT 48.

Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  3. gustavobradley

gustavobradley Well-Known Member

@drtchock I haven't really seen any for sale, best bet would be to just check Grailed/eBay/y!jp periodically. Alternatively, there may be some popping up with the new season stuff.

4. drtchock

drtchock Well-Known Member

Thanks, the one in the second picture was from the Spring 2016 collection but I've not seen any for sale either so they must be very limited.

5. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Has anybody has any luck ordering from an Eu stockist to the US?
    And why are stockists only allowed to ship within their country?

6. gustavobradley

I've only ever bought locally or secondhand, so I can't say anything about ordering from EU stores.

I do remember hearing about Dries being somewhat restrictive about ecommerce (most places that stock it can't even display it online), I assume the shipping restrictions are part of that. Probably a way to help maintain the size (and maybe integrity) of the brand, although this is all speculation.

7. OccultaVexillum

Has anybody seen the Howard sweatshirt in "sand" in a XL or XXL within Nth America?
    I only know of Mr Porter, Mohawk, max field and Barneys as stockists. Mr P doesn't have sand, Mohawk only had up to large and sold out anyway, max field said they won't tell me what's in stock and "don't do phone orders anyway" and Barneys rep said they didn't have any dries (called Madison ave and SF locations, waiting to hear back from LA).

Edit: this is it
    http://www.endclothing.com/us/dries-van-noten-howard-classic-crew-sweat-21162-2604-101.html

It's just a boring sweatshirt but that's what I'm looking for and the color is great so may as well go for DVN.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  8. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Barney's SF carries Dries... :puzzled: Unless it disappeared in the last 3 weeks.

9. accordion

My bookmarks, the EU ones you'd have to find a proxy for, there's one on SF. MAC in SF is another one but you have to e-mail them to ask about individual items. Barney's in every city carries different stock:

[​IMG]

10. OccultaVexillum

@cyc wid it
    Barneys reps always fuck around when I call about stuff even I have the actual product code off the website. Pretty sure they all just lazy.

@accordion thanks! Forgot to mention I checked totokaelo too. I might have to settle for the khaki.

I also need to find the derbies from mr porter in a 45 if anybody has seen them.

11. accordion

The derbies should show up on Mohawk eventually, the ones from two seasons ago ended up getting marked down till the end. They are probably the best looking lug soled derbies. I was told they fit pretty slim.

12. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was about to kop those but then my size ran out.
    Need a 44.5 I think. I have a pair of Dries sneakers in 44 which are just a bit short, and I am typically 44-44.5.

13. OccultaVexillum

Yeah, I want them now though. I don't want to wait around and chance it on sales and Dries prices are relatively fair imo.

14. OccultaVexillum

@conceptionist 44.5 is the only size left on US mr porter.

@accordion just realised you don't have The Loit in your bookmarks. They only do phone orders but I've bought Dries among other things from them before and they are really helpful.

15. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

Different stock then because the size is sold out in EU. Would look for US proxy if the price was slightly better. Out of my range atm.

16. OccultaVexillum

Yeah Mr P had different stock for different areas. I think US, UK, Eu and Asia all have unique inventory. There may be more.

17. bry2000

bry2000 Well-Known Member

They are TTS and run average width. I bought the black derbies last Winter.

18. el Bert

el Bert Well-Known Member

3 people like this.
  19. gustavobradley

Saw that jacket, huge steal for anyone looking.

20. el Bert

el Bert Well-Known Member

Yup, same material as this coat, should fit a size 48

[​IMG]