1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Dress shirts Sub $100

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by lawsuit, Feb 15, 2017.

1. lawsuit

lawsuit Member

Anyone have any brands they recommend? I've have owned the following:

1. Brooks Brothers: $98-$75.
    The most expensive, I like the variety of fits although I think the fabric quality isn't what it was. Are they trading on their name?

2. MacCluer: $90-65
    I stumbled across them at a small men's apparel stop and fell in love. I like the fabric and particular the substantial collar. I live and die by the collar and I don't starch so I like a shirt collar that can hold its shape.

3. Lord & Taylor Black Brown 1826. $80-50
    Smooth feeling fabric on the thin side can be a benefit in hot weather.

4. EAGLE: $80-45
    Non Iron works well, but tend to wear out quicker, fabric is ok not as nice as others.

I try not to invest too much in a shirt since I usually dispose of after a year due ring around the collar, sweat stains, and fraying at the cuff. I also figure anything over $100, you might as well go MTM.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  2. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

Only brand I can think of is Charles Tyrwhitt, which can be around $50 but only when you buy four or more. No personal experience with them, but I know people that have them. If you toss your shirts after a year, they should fit the bill.

3. Fallow

Fallow Member

How do you like your shirts to fit?

I've heard the Charles Tyrwhitt fits rather large, though they do have a super slim fit, which generally fits much better.

If you do like a tailored look, I would suggest looking at some Scandinavian brands. They seem to get the fabric, fit combo.

4. lawsuit

lawsuit Member

I tried on a SuitSupply shirt and was impressed with the quality.

Up until now I never paid any attention to the fit of the shirt. I can now understand why people go mtm route because it can be headache trying to find an otr shirt that is neither too tight or baggy.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  5. Smitty2k1

Smitty2k1 Well-Known Member

Big fan of Hugh and Crye