1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Does S. Kumars Own Hart Schaffner Marx

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by VentsMcMahon, Feb 12, 2012.

1. VentsMcMahon

VentsMcMahon Member

I'm confused about the ownership of Hart Schaffer Marx. My understanding is HartMarx is Chicago-based company. But is their parent company S. Kumars, Ltd. the India company? A Google search makes mention of the S. Kumars connection as recently as 2011, but the articles about S. Kumars (and President Obama's Gold Trumpeter Suits) don't mention any affiliation to S. Kumars.

2. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Well-Known Member

From Chicago Tribune dated August 2009, "Emerisque Brands UK and its partner SKNL North America said Friday that they completed the purchase of Chicago-based suitmaker Hartmarx Corp." No mention of Kumars anywhere when googled.

HSM is having their winter sale and I bought a $1K Gold Trumpeter Grey Flannel suit in the American Modern cut for $250 and a $500 blue/brown glen plaid sport coat for $150.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  3. Mister F

Mister F Active Member

Between your username and avatar, I totally read the thread title as "Owen Hart."