1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone have experience with H&M linen suits?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by 951socal, Mar 24, 2011.

1. bapelolol

bapelolol Well-Known Member

how easy/difficult for DIY or tailor is it to remove the polyester lining to make it an unlined jacket? Advised against doing so?

2. landshark

landshark Well-Known Member

how easy/difficult for DIY or tailor is it to remove the polyester lining to make it an unlined jacket? Advised against doing so?

I imagine it would be rather simple, but with a chance of looking pretty bad depending on how well the jacket is finished on the inside, how much lining the jacket actually has to remove, and how you remove the lining.

3. officeboy

officeboy Well-Known Member

They had a bunch of 1/2 lined cotton and linen jackets (maybe suits, all the pants were on floor racks and the jackets on the wall).

I was surprised how tight they were in the shoulders. I'm usually a 40, sometimes even a 38, and at H&M the 42 was still a bit narrow in the shoulders. [​IMG]

They looked pretty good for the price though.

4. 951socal

951socal Well-Known Member

i just looked at my new one, exchanged the linning looks like its sewn to a taping running along the seams, so im guessing if you ct that taping out you can pull it out with ease,

but you will need to sew down the edges of the linen material where thepocket used to prtrude past the lining