1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Doctor's Bag suggestions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mandrbeck, Feb 21, 2016.

1. mandrbeck

mandrbeck Well-Known Member

Hello gentlemen. I'm a Pediatric Neurologist and like to carry around an assortment of exam tools and toys to distract fussy children. I am looking for a nice bag to carry around my stuff. I've tried A couple different Tumi and Jack Spade bags, but nothing has felt right. I want the traditional doctor's bag style, but I want it to be up to SF quality. The standard bags that all the medical websites and stores carry are just not up to par. I'm hoping some of you have come across some nice options over the years and can provide some good suggestions. Thanks!

2. Notreknip

Notreknip Well-Known Member

3. Journeyman

Journeyman Well-Known Member

The classic "top frame" briefcase is, to my eyes, pretty much identical to the stereotypical doctor's bag.

You can get them from Swaine Adeney Brigg and Brooks Brothers (the BB ones are, I believe, made by SAB), but they're not inexpensive:

http://www.swaineadeneybrigg.com/store/swaine-adeney/document-cases/whitehall

If you do a search for top frame briefcase, particularly on a site such as eBay, you should get some second-hand examples in good condition, too. There are other brands that make them, as well.

4. Salad

Salad Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  5. WhereNext

WhereNext Well-Known Member

I have, and love, a Bill Amberg Rocket bag (mine is dark brown). As a warning, it is NOT cheap. I believe you can get them in cordovan now, as well as a few colors in bridle.
    Not mine, but a picture:

[​IMG]

6. mandrbeck

Great suggestion. I love their bags. I will have to wait until I finish fellowship to afford one, unless I can convince my program that this is an acceptable use of education funds!

7. mandrbeck

8. mandrbeck

That's a beautiful bag.

9. mandrbeck