• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Doc Marten Boots In Style Anymore?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
^ i get a semi at the though of my old sister-school's goth and skin and new waver girls with the bobby socks and steel-toed oxbloods. good god, I loved high school.

werd.

skinheadgirlszl4.jpg

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^thank you, kind sir.

It's funny, I have Augusta and Carpe Diem and N.D.C. boots but still wear the docs pretty much every day.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
crikey! may have the mrs. break out her st. agnes uniform tonight now.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
It's funny, I have Augusta and Carpe Diem and N.D.C. boots but still wear the docs pretty much every day.

i hear that....I have tons of Paul Smith shoes/boots, Testoni, Vass, Alden etc and Doc martens are a siren song that I keep going back to moreso than anything else

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^also why i gravitate to raf simons as the stuff that influences/influenced him is the stuff that influences me musically, culturally, et al.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
all I know is whoever tattooed the "Skinbyrd" chest piece on girl at top left must have had a GREAT time doing it, I know I would have. that's one of those "free" tattoos you do on the side.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^haha. tattoo artist: "wouldn't it be cool if we took this a bit further down. you know, maybe more elegant?"

dave

Reaction score
^thank you, kind sir.

Originally Posted by Get Smart
i hear that....I have tons of Paul Smith shoes/boots, Testoni, Vass, Alden etc and Doc martens are a siren song that I keep going back to moreso than anything else

And that's the reason I gave up buying higher end shoes. After I spent many hundreds on "nice" shoes I realised that they don't look particularly nice in their dust bags sitting in my closet.

I still wear a few on rare occasion. maybe a pair of chelseas or something but day to day it's docs.

**** growing up.

dave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I've never been into Monkey Boots, but DM has their own version now called The Peter

I am a fan of Tricker's monkeys but those thing are awful. they're also doing a monkey shoe thing that's even worse. That white sole sucks.

kookydooky

Reaction score
How can you tell if DMs are fake??

I just noticed my pair doesnt have the Doc Marten logo print on the side of the boot, Or does the design slightly change every now and then (I dont know how old the docs I bought are)

dave

Reaction score
I've never heard of fake docs before but I guess there could be such a thing. My MIEs are the first dogs I've had that have the DM logo embossed in the side though so I'd bet you're fine. I wish they never started that ****. I think it looks stupid.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads